Total Members
    Most Online
    stormchaser5138
    Newest Member
    stormchaser5138
NorEastermass128

February 2019 Discussion I

21 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

That high position is pretty awful. At 6z it’s orientation is from Nova Scotia to Bermuda 

Yet the midatlantic is under wsw watches.

35 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

Maybe I can get up to 30" YTD by Thursday morning. NWS has 2" forecast.

It feels like we either nickle and dime our way to like 36",   or perhaps pull off a bigger late season event or two that could try and make a run at average snowfall.  Persistence would argue for the first scenario being the most likely but we"ll see.  

Problem is ... we're over stimulated.  Anything other than apoplexy in the media, and shear speechless awe in the forecast model cinema, is like Oregano in our in our Kush ... 

22 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Problem is ... we're over stimulated.  Anything other that apoplexy in the media, and shear speechless awe in the forecast model cinema, is like Oregano in our in our Kush ... 

Preach. As an MMP, I like the symbolism.

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I disagree. I'm done with "wintery"...either snow my di#k off, or leave me the hell alone and warm my nape.

Exactly. All out KU or nothing. And I barely have the patience left for that. I was legit looking at a Caribbean long weekend today. I’m just done with this season 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Kitzbuhel Craver said:

Exactly. All out KU or nothing. And I barely have the patience left for that. I was legit looking at a Caribbean long weekend today. I’m just done with this season 

As a skier you should be ecstatic with how this winter played out up north

17 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

As a skier you should be ecstatic with how this winter played out up north

No I am for sure, don’t get me wrong. But with adult life and all the attached responsibilities I get out prolly 10 times a season, which isn’t much. When it’s going off at home it provides the illusion that I actually live in a Mountain climo, lol. Makes my time off the hill more enjoyable 

25 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I’ll take the gfs...slam that 850 0C up to canada.

Because we know that is how its going to play out on the GFS.

5 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Because we know that is how its going to play out on the GFS.

GFS had been snowy here for the next two systems before 18z.

The next two events look like dung from a snow perspective even well up into NNE. (Minus the CAD region of central and N Maine where midlevels look better)

Decent CAD on both though so prob more of the 1-3" to mixed crap to ZR and cold rain/Drizzle. May sneak in a downslope dandy on Thursday though. 

Winter makes one last run I think at a good pattern near month-end and into the first week of March. Flow becomes very meridional with the ridge displaced further east than it has been. That will make things less hostile for coastal storms so if we're going to get a coastal biggie at all this winter, it's probably then. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

GFS had been snowy here for the next two systems before 18z.

These looked like moderate events at best anyways with mixing like many others have been, I've accepted those results for this winter.

46 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The next two events look like dung from a snow perspective even well up into NNE. (Minus the CAD region of central and N Maine where midlevels look better)

Decent CAD on both though so prob more of the 1-3" to mixed crap to ZR and cold rain/Drizzle. May sneak in a downslope dandy on Thursday though. 

Winter makes one last run I think at a good pattern near month-end and into the first week of March. Flow becomes very meridional with the ridge displaced further east than it has been. That will make things less hostile for coastal storms so if we're going to get a coastal biggie at all this winter, it's probably then. 

18 Z Euro looked pretty good in Jeffafafa Lava Tamarack hood

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Yeah those guys look to have the best shot... I think we'll sneak in some accumulations and given the current density of the snowpack, nothing will really melt.  Just add more water content to this glacier.

Over in Maine though they've got the mid-level CAD, which is key because it avoids the sleet and ice for a much longer time.

8 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Its been 4-6" the last several runs, This winter that's a win, win.

Yeah that's fascinating ... NAM's 00z would conceivably thump PHL with a half foot of snow yet translates the same system to BOS and can't do anything but sleet before ice cream headache rains there

Is there confidence w a secondary tracking Along S SNE coast w a high pressure over western Atlantic (centered N of Bermuda  at midnite Wednesday nite

i would anticipate this going quickly over 32 with that southerly flow and Sprawling high E and SE of us and any secondary tracking inland .

im selling the 0z nam tracking that secondary SE of Boston with this UGLY set up.

reason i like jb and brad field is they dont change their forecast and take chance not like others that change  all the  time. I still say we are not done with winter by long shot or snow . my winter is until april 6 . Number 2 models are going colder each run now for march and next three weeks.  i weather site page that is free and will  never charge like others .

8 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

OH thanks God.  Only 10-days.