Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 19-20th Winter Storm Threat

Rjay

1 hour ago, bluewave said:

It has been the MO of this season so far. Impressive modeled winter storms for the coast day 8-10 becoming less impressive the closer in we get.

The mo has been for storms to get squashed as we get closer.

8 minutes ago, Ericjcrash said:

Amped and Torch city. Oh well. Its gotten very ugly the past 18 hours.

Who cares

5 days away

1 minute ago, bluewave said:

It hugged the coast with a very strong Arctic high over New England.

Yup. Wasnt really a great track for NYC area which is why the result was amazing, especially given the time of year and Ocean Temps. Pretty crazy that we cant get a good track in dead winter with ocean temps near 40 degrees

19 minutes ago, bluewave said:

The only 2 storms that got squashed were yesterday and Dec 11th. Most other storms hugged close to NYC or cut. The only missing storm track is a benchmark one.

The polar vortex is the reason why it got squashed and it's still going to be to our north.

I don't see this storm being a cutter.

Ukie just trended way south east and now looks like the gfs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Snow88 said:

The polar vortex is the reason why it got squashed and it's still going to be to our north.

I just hope this doesn’t become a coastal runner because that high seems way to our northwest. A couple of days ago it showed it over north of Michigan now it’s like north of North Dakota. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NYCweatherNOW said:

I just hope this doesn’t become a coastal runner because that high seems way to our northwest. A couple of days ago it showed it over north of Michigan now it’s like north of North Dakota. 

It definitely could but I agree it's not going to cut or go way inland. Probably anywhere from a benchmark track to a coastal hugger is on the table which is by far the best scenario we've had all winter 

The lack of a -NAO block is going to be a big problem I think. You are also lacking a very strong -AO and -EPO which could have compensated for not having a -NAO. While I don’t think the weekend is a full on cutter into the Great Lakes, I can easily see an inside/inland runner for sure. I’m not buying the argument that there is going to be secondary coastal redevelopment with no blocking in the Atlantic. You will also be dealing with a bit of a SE Ridge pop next weekend

• Like 1

Hi folks...I am back here again because I just cannot take that "other" board. The overreliance on indexes and phases and long term pattern change talk not to mention the condescending tones and I know it all attitudes there have led me back to here. I just want to get discussion on the two events coming up.....and finally found a place that will discuss them without having to sift through post after post about pattern changes......thank you

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Huge shift vs. 0Z - western VA vs. SW Ohio at 7 pm Sat night.  

GZ_D5_PN_144_0000.gif

GZ_D5_PN_144_0000.gif

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, winterwarlock said:

Hi folks...I am back here again because I just cannot take that "other" board. The overreliance on indexes and phases and long term pattern change talk not to mention the condescending tones and I know it all attitudes there have led me back to here. I just want to get discussion on the two events coming up.....and finally found a place that will discuss them without having to sift through post after post about pattern changes......thank you

Welcome back we got some cold rain for ya

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, bluewave said:

I am done anyway posting on storm threats past 120 hrs. It just isn’t worth the trouble with everyone rooting for a big snowstorm following the very slow start to winter so far.

100 times, yes. Surprised you bit in the first place. Needs to be down in the 90hr range before any of this is taken seriously/accurately