Total Members
    Most Online
    davisinstruments
    Newest Member
    davisinstruments
George BM

January Banter 2019

1 minute ago, WxUSAF said:

Hey @Guest, it would be helpful if you reported the banter comments and not the useful analysis posts.  TIA!

Here comes the sh!t show...it's more predictable than the pattern change was!

Just now, Jandurin said:

"report everything, let mod sort 'em out"

works for me, i don't see reports :lol: 

9 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

This heartbreak is going to be worse than the December one and the poor start to winter. There are some who will not survive

Agreed.   The angst will be measured in feet, not inches.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

This heartbreak is going to be worse than the December one and the poor start to winter. There are some who will not survive

If I can't be entertained with historic snow then I will be entertained by the historic meltdowns we will see. Sounds like a no lose scenario to me. 

Does anyone have the links for the individual GEFS members and the EPS Snow mean from weathermodels.com?  I can't seem to find them.

42 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

could be dry until the 20th :P

3 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

I still can’t believe our offensive line was that bad emoji17.png

Sucks man.. what an exciting team. It was bad coaching, they should have come out in the shotgun throwing it, you could see that the stadium atmosphere was dreary and the O-line wasn't going to playing like the Patriots all of a sudden. 

• Like 1

I just think it's NWS's strategy of getting the public to put pressure on ending the shutdown.  Put a snowstorm in the GFS output and get the public hyped about snow, then when it ends up sunny and 60F this weekend they can blame the shutdown for the erroneous forecast, and its torches and pitchforks.  Very clever.

5 hours ago, leesburg 04 said:

Bump even though its only Monday 

9 minutes ago, snowmagnet said:

I just saw that they had snow at the Grand Canyon yesterday, but we can’t buy a flake.  

Very common for the Grand Canyon (top of the rim) to get snow. Not a fluke.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Very common for the Grand Canyon (top of the rim) to get snow. Not a fluke.

Biggest snows I have experienced in my life were when I lived in Arizona.  The valley (Phoenix) is warm, but lots of cold and snow north of there.

A week ago people were declaring winter over as its already shown its hand. Now we’re tracking an event in the MR where the dreaded sheared out mess still gives us some light snow, and we have an epic looking LR.  I’m just happy to be tracking something and even if I only get a trace of snow this weekend, I’d be happy.  

6 minutes ago, JakkelWx said:

Who will be extrapolating the 19z EURGFSSREF model on February 5, 3010?

My great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great grand-daughter

• Haha 1

I was keeping this on the down low since I wasn’t sure it would happen but I’m excited to say that I had a really great meeting with Jason Samenow from CWG this evening. He’s a great guy and I have him and the CWG to thank for developing my interest in meteorology. Also met Angela, who is very nice and has been doing great work for the CWG too.

39c4011109da6b56757c1958d0c58c55.jpg

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Rvarookie said:

Typically I would feel bad for RIC stealing yalls snow again, but @Bob ChiII taught me this is a mby type vibe around these parts, so I’m def rooting for RIC jackpot with sharp cutoff north. #atmosphericmemorybro

Perfect choice of a screen name bro.

• Thanks 1