Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Banter 2019

George BM

49 minutes ago, mappy said:

First night of my kid’s new gymnastics class. 730-830 is the pits

I hear you.  Not the greatest time, smack-dab in the middle of the evening.  When my daughter was taking ballet (for many years) in the Washington School of Ballet, her classes as they got to higher levels were like 6:30-8:30 four days a week.  At least it wasn't too far from where we live, but made it tricky for getting back home, (early) dinner for her, then getting out of here in time.  And not being home until after 9PM those days.  I was always making sure she got her school stuff done early.  When the company did "Nutcracker" (which she did a few years), the rehearsals and performance schedule for each cast was likewise quite regimented as you might expect.  Strangely though, that was actually fun even having to shuttle her back and forth from the Warner Theatre for each performance.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I Would be pretty bent if I had gone 3 weeks without pay and no end in sight. 

Yup, indeed.  I'm one of the "non-essential" employees myself, and it does suck feeling totally useless through this time.  Yeah, I know we'll get back-paid eventually when this is over, but until then it's not easy.  I can especially empathize with those who are "essential" and are still required to show up and work (most especially shift work!) and won't get paid until it's over either.  That's a double slap in the face right there.  And I can only imagine how difficult it is for someone who's on like a GS-7 or 9 salary in the metro DC area.  Geez!

(ETA:  And it's been in the back of my mind just how much work there will be to catch up on when we do return to work.  That's a sort of hidden loss right there.  A lot of people in that same boat.  It's not like coming back when you've been on regular leave for awhile where someone was covering for you...*nobody* is around during this time, so everyone starts back immediately having to make up the lost time.)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WxUSAF said:

testing testing

giphy.gif

I am thankful that this first threat has kind of materialized at relatively short leads (at least compared to some of our threats lately) so that we didn't have to put up with the complete mess it would have been if we had to track something from day 10 all the way in every run!   God I hope this first storm does something good and people can chill out (not Ji of course) just a little bit with a good snow finally in their back pocket. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, mappy said:

Lucky. Home now and it’s a mad dash to get her butt in bed

Last year for dance was tough enough with her getting home at about 6:55. Family dinner and up to wash up. With the wee one in tow, things were that much harder. She’s in a 4:30 dance class this year. Like night and day.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Who will be the first to worry that we’ll end up with an amped storm that cuts to WV and rains on us with a foot in PA based on the end of the NAM?

Every once in a while...back in March 2017 when that storm first got into NAM range it was WAY west of all other guidance with that mid level warmth and blasting the sleet way inland when all the other guidance was showing snow.  I dismissed it and wasn't worried..."typical nam bias" and all.  Guess what was right. 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Who will be the first to worry that we’ll end up with an amped storm that cuts to WV and rains on us with a foot in PA based on the end of the NAM?

4 minutes ago, PivotPoint said:

We gotta be careful this thing doesn’t get too amped. Not wanting to ride that rain/snow line.

Still 3+ days away. Boston is still in the game. Unfortunately 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Every once in a while...back in March 2017 when that storm first got into NAM range it was WAY west of all other guidance with that mid level warmth and blasting the sleet way inland when all the other guidance was showing snow.  I dismissed it and wasn't worried..."typical nam bias" and all.  Guess what was right. 

I remember that...terrible.  I love that 1040 H moving in tandem with the low on the NAM.  Welcome to the new and improved 09/10.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic