• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
January Banter 2019

George BM

I expect DCA will end around 9 inches, so let's tentatively rank this storm in comparison with storms of the decade for DC. This is just for the district and surrounding areas.

1 - Feb 5-6 2010 (snowiest snow snow)

2 - Jan 22-23 2016 (an actual blizzard)

3 - Feb 9-10 2010 (another actual blizzard, just not as much snow)

4 - Jan 12-13 2018 (8-9", long duration, cold, two-parter)

5 - Feb 12-13 2014 (7-13", annoying dryslot/melting/sleet but cool ULL)

6 - 3/17/14 - (anomalous 7-8", melted quickly but a positive bust)

Then there's a bunch of 4-6" events that are hard to rank individually, Jan 31 2010, Jan 21 2014, the February and March storms of 2014 and 2015, March 17 2017, PD2.5.

2 hours ago, Chris78 said:

Next weekend definitely looks like a more traditional spread in snow totals with more northwest and less south and east. Euro destroys western MD next weekend. I wonder where @nj2va will be next weekend?? Lol

Haha yup...and its a 3 day weekend!  When I saw the Euro came out and saw the totals, I thought you’d like the run too.  

5 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Haha yup...and its a 3 day weekend!  When I saw the Euro came out and saw the totals, I thought you’d like the run too.  

West of 81 could be in Great shape. Unfortunately when the north and  west crew gets our best snows, it doesn't ussually end well for DC and points Se.

• Like 1

Confused about how to post on a weather forum? Just fill in the blanks here and you're good to go ...

Just looked out the window and I think we have ___ inches (note -- be sure not to say where you are) which is more than the ____ model said we would have. The ____ model is crap anyway. My health is ____ (insert random illness) ______ so I can't get out and _______ (insert random activity) _____ although if the _____ model is right, I will be able to do that on ______ -- the ____ model is awesome at that time range and I will always remember how it nailed the ______ storm _____ days in advance. Glad I didn't listen to Roger Smith who said _____ ______ ______ . 

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, supernovasky said:

Well my team is getting embarassed. 

Well, they pulled it out...I thought it might be a tough game and a close one.  Congrats, and best of luck in the NFC finals next weekend!  (My wife is from the New Orleans area, by the way...I remember the Super Bowl hype when they won it all in 2010.  Funny...we were just digging out of Snowmageddon the day of that very Super Bowl game!!  Can we have history repeat this year??? :lol:)

ETA...And as a Purdue grad, I've got to root for Drew Brees!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Snowstorm5921 said:

6z EPS (won’t ever get used to that) do not look good for the weekend system.  PV phases in and drives the storm west.  Hopefully they and the op are too amped.

Sucks for you since you got nothing this weekend. I would tell you to go discuss it in the PA forum but they are good people also and I don’t wish you on anyone. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 1/10/2019 at 1:25 PM, PivotPoint said:

I keep tabs lol

Let me put some discussion in here so it doesn't get deleted:

Euro bumped the southern totals a little. A simple 30-50 mile shift would suffice with no change in the underlying mechanisms. I still like my 2-4" call although my bar is 2"

do you keep tabs on when you end up wrong? asking for a friend. 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic