• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Discussion II

Typhoon Tip

Lol...March could have been even better if we didn’t whiff on the total Rainer Nor’east In the middle of that run.  And then at the end 3/21 or 22...that one that was forecast for 18 inches and we got 2-3 inches.   

The parade of storms was Epic...but the results imo weren’t Epic.  Turn the rainy one into all snow, and the 3 incher into 18, and then it’s Epic!!

Im buckled up Ginx...just keeping it real and my expectations in check. 

58 minutes ago, weathafella said:

It seems to me that at the end of the ensembles we’re ok but not particularly great on the Pacific side.  I think any epic pacific pattern is 1/15 and beyond.  However, I’m pretty confident of multiple snow chances between 1/1-15.

Yep, agree completely. 

2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

We will see if we can beat the meltdowns of January 2013 and January 2015. Those were hilarious. All the calls of a busted pattern. Lol. 

Well if this season's pattern fails to launch, which is a distinct possibility, then you bet it will. 

The goalposts are currently 1/15 to 1/20. If they keep advancing, then you can kiss this winter goodbye.

• Confused 1

42 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Well if this season's pattern fails to launch, which is a distinct possibility, then you bet it will. 

The goalposts are currently 1/15 to 1/20. If they keep advancing, then you can kiss this winter goodbye.

What goalposts ?

Everyone thinks the pattern will get better by the 1st.

3 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

We will see if we can beat the meltdowns of January 2013 and January 2015. Those were hilarious. All the calls of a busted pattern. Lol. 

2013 might have been worse than 2015

always remember I melted right before, during and after events but never weeks before a "pattern change"

3 hours ago, WinterWolf said:

Lol...March could have been even better if we didn’t whiff on the total Rainer Nor’east In the middle of that run.  And then at the end 3/21 or 22...that one that was forecast for 18 inches and we got 2-3 inches.   

The parade of storms was Epic...but the results imo weren’t Epic.  Turn the rainy one into all snow, and the 3 incher into 18, and then it’s Epic!!

Yeah, if we'd had a better airmass last March would've definitely been epic. It still was for folks out east.

1 hour ago, codfishsnowman said:

2013 might have been worse than 2015

always remember I melted right before, during and after events but never weeks before a "pattern change"

2013 was really bad. We flipped the pattern in mid to late January. We got a bunch of cold with only little snow to show for it plus one monster torching cutter on Jan 30-31 and we had epic meltdowns. Reason didn't matter. It didn't matter the pattern still looked excellent. Everyone and their mother was hurling the bust bombs and talking about how shitty the pattern was. 

Then we proceeded to get hit by one of the worst blizzards since 1978 across a large swath of SNE. You couldn't have scripted it any better. 

• Like 1

I’ve been thinking...perhaps we shouldn’t be looking for anything “Epic”  coming down the road in the pattern??  I think that’s part of the problem for some...they’re expecting Epicosity..and when it is not totally being pictured on the modeling ...it’s throwing some for a tail spin.   

Imo...You usually don’t quite see Epic coming till it’s almost at the doorstep.  Things are looking much better going forward, and especially after the NY..that should be good enough to calm the nerves for now.

I expect epic.

It was epic in my area...snowiest March on record and largest event of my life.

30 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

It was epic in my area...snowiest March on record and largest event of my life.

Yup..but not here it wasn’t.

That biggest event you got, was a 4 incher here lol.   Had it been what you got, and then the flop on the last one too was bad, then it would have been off the charts!!    But it wasn’t to be here.

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

Well I hope you’re not going to be disappointed if Epic doesn’t show up?   Those are very high expectations...which is usually a recipe for disappointment.   

Really Hope you’re right though..

Am I expecting 90" in 30 days, no.....one event over 20" and a 30"+ month?
You bet...disappointment and a bust for me if not.

Okay--continual pushing back of the pattern changing.....after Christmas Eve, after New Year's, weeklies 3-4 looking good.

This winter blows.  At least we had November and at least we dropped into the 20's overnight to freeze up the mud and we won't have to keep faking intestinal distress during Christmas to sneak into the bathroom to glance at models and clown maps.

:frostymelt:

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Okay--continual pushing back of the pattern changing.....after Christmas Eve, after New Year's, weeklies 3-4 looking good.

This winter blows.  At least we had November and at least we dropped into the 20's overnight to freeze up the mud and we won't have to keep faking intestinal distress during Christmas to sneak into the bathroom to glance at models and clown maps.

:frostymelt:

Winter started 2 days ago

How much snow should you have by now ?

I have 5 inches from the November storm. I'm above normal lol

8 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

2013 was really bad. We flipped the pattern in mid to late January. We got a bunch of cold with only little snow to show for it plus one monster torching cutter on Jan 30-31 and we had epic meltdowns. Reason didn't matter. It didn't matter the pattern still looked excellent. Everyone and their mother was hurling the bust bombs and talking about how shitty the pattern was. 

Then we proceeded to get hit by one of the worst blizzards since 1978 across a large swath of SNE. You couldn't have scripted it any better. 

The slow start in '13 was made worse because of how sh*tty 2012 was. That was a looong period of garbage. And I remember the denial in here when the blizzard started showing up in the modeling. A certain snowbank sculptor in Tolland was tossing the Euro long and hard until about two days out.