Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Discussion II

Typhoon Tip

5 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Full blown SWFE on the 6z GFS next week. Euro has some CAD, but not like GFS. Hopefully that improves.

I'm sure you've ...et el have considered this, if not ... you should, but that could turn out to be a couple of icing events through that five days.

The thing is,... each model is offering their individual charm as far as their typical biases go.  The Euro appears to dig perhaps too much out west; even if just a little, there's so much foundation for SE ridging, the superposition of even subtle bias with bloating heights SE ...  overwhelms in that evolution. 

Contrasting (perhaps enough?) the GFS is slightly more progressive, such that the trough out west is teensy weensy critical amount enough not as deep, and that helps flatten the latitude expanse of the eastern/SE heights. 

The Euro version offers some over the top high pressure...keeping us wedged at times enough to really prevent a truly awesome warm departure - albeit, too warm for anything else,  However, the GFS and its soon to be brought-on-line parallel runs are both using said over-the-top high pressures with enough weight to cause either SWFE like your seeing...or if the fast flow in general shears out a little more we end up with less Lakes cutting cohesive cyclone and more in the way of ice storm set ups -

16 minutes ago, MaineJayhawk said:

That "relaxation" that was the hot topic the past couple of weeks sure was brief.

I'd say it moved long perfectly ... and - unfortunately - has relayed right into a SE ridge period. 

But, ...you know? I mentioned this a long while ago.  Pretty obvious...perhaps, but, the circumstances et al had to 'relax' anyway.  I mean, really ... was anyone delusional enough to think that 9 F on T.G. and the snow storm of that era, were going to repeat indefinitely when looking forward from climatology at that particular temporality?  ...  some were wondering if they could hold out, no doubt..