Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Nov 15/16 regionwide event

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Anyone notice how QPF is hovering around 1.5 inches now. Serious storm, don’t discount someone in WCT, WMass C Mass CSE NH SMaine getting smoked by a deform band back side.  I could see some foot totals coming in by Friday night. 

I sell much over an inch without further east mid levels.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Yeah... I’ll eat my hat if Brockton gets a coating 

Brockton should get more than just a coating based on what I'm starting to see now but these rumors of 5-8" should be really cautious and tappered.  Go with 2-3" right now and see what happens; always room to add more.

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Steve posted the 3km NAM time-hgt thermals earlier for ORH. After that quick thump there’s some major nucleation issues with >0C at the cloud tops. That’s an icy look for awhile after midnight for those remaining below freezing.

F6284477-AE97-4C2D-ABBB-A1F5F1EE8118.png

AE2A0C84-E251-48EA-9DB7-5DB4FA52BC63.png

Remember the horrible snow growth of 07, yea looks like that to me. Billions of terrible snow flakes. Dendritic Disaster but man ....

23 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Remember the horrible snow growth of 07, yea looks like that to me. Billions of terrible snow flakes. Dendritic Disaster but man ....

Just saying what it showed. That isn't a snow growth issue after 6z...it's a nucleation one. CAD isn't saving anyone at 650-700mb. Hopefully the NAM is just too warm, but it doesn't really matter as there will be good snow with the initial thump anyway.

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Just saying what it showed. That isn't a snow growth issue after 6z...it's a nucleation one. CAD isn't saving anyone at 650-700mb. Hopefully the NAM is just too warm, but it doesn't really matter as there will be good snow with the initial thump anyway.

Don't question the cold commander.

7 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Usually the nam leads the way with the mid level warmth. Better dump between 9 and 12-1am