Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Nov 15/16 regionwide event

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

Just now, CoastalWx said:

I’m not talking about that. Pattern looks great. But take it easy James. We all know you get excited.

He’s had his ideal summer of dews, monsoons, and spinners. Now winter finally starts in November. Perfect combo. He should be excited. This may never happen again in his lifetime. 

5 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

For Boston metro, Box AFD putting lots of attention to a coastal front (in addition to the incoming warmth aloft we've extensively discussed)... the meso models variably hint at it encroaching 4z-5z before the warmth aloft arrives... another big variable adding uncertainty... could impact whether Boston metro sees 1-2" vs. 2-4". And as already discussed, this definitely could be a Logan 1" slop / western burbs 2-4" deal.

In any case, NNE vs. E surface winds will also have to be watched as this unfolds. The surface high will help at least for the first few hours.

I’m feeling somewhat ok where I live with this.

23 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

For Boston metro, Box AFD putting lots of attention to a coastal front (in addition to the incoming warmth aloft we've extensively discussed)... the meso models variably hint at it encroaching 4z-5z before the warmth aloft arrives... another big variable adding uncertainty... could impact whether Boston metro sees 1-2" vs. 2-4". And as already discussed, this definitely could be a Logan 1" slop / western burbs 2-4" deal.

In any case, NNE vs. E surface winds will also have to be watched as this unfolds. The surface high will help at least for the first few hours.

Actually Harvey was saying earlier that if the cold hangs on long enough he could see about 1-2" around Logan International right on the water and the immediate western urban centers getting 2-4"; 4" of course being as close as extreme western Cambridge.  We'll see.  Really hope the high remains stubborn to move fast and the primary low goes a couple of tics futher south.  That would really help keep the mid-level cold in place.

4 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

TWC official forecast for Brockton area is for 5-8 inches now.  One of their winter wx experts feels that the cold air is going to be difficult to displace, even at the midlevels.  Since Brockton is 15 mi SE of here, things should look good for my hood if this verifies.

I heard that to.  If that is even remotely true then Harvey on channel 5 maybe on to something.  We'll have to wait and see what the models hint at tonight.  If they go colder at all, then, those higher totals might be realized.  Have to stay on the conservative side first of course.

I miss Brockton. We always did fairly well, esp the NW side near 200'. 

Anyways, Harvey is right. Logan getting 1" and JP/West Roxbury getting 4" is very possible. Even here, with an E wind, North Weymouth may get an inch, here 1-2, and S Weymouth 4". It's all about being away from proximity of water.

25 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Steve posted the 3km NAM time-hgt thermals earlier for ORH. After that quick thump there’s some major nucleation issues with >0C at the cloud tops. That’s an icy look for awhile after midnight for those remaining below freezing.

F6284477-AE97-4C2D-ABBB-A1F5F1EE8118.png

AE2A0C84-E251-48EA-9DB7-5DB4FA52BC63.png

We’ve got quite an ice event ahead for us 

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

We all know you like to downplay. Told me Fake News on FB. Told me no WSW, told me sell on 3-6”. 

We up play 

I don't wish cast. Just tone it down so the good folks on here aren't mislead with weenie BS. We all know you're excited, but lots of people come on here for good info. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

We all know you like to downplay. Told me Fake News on FB. Told me no WSW, told me sell on 3-6”. 

We up play 

I'd be cautious on the higher end.  Outside of isolated pockets 4" max in SNE should be the rule unless this comes together perfectly.   You are going to need dynamics, mid-level temps and our climo to sync perfectly for warning level snows.   Not saying it can't happen but I would be very cautious in November. 

• Like 1