Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November discussion

weathafella

10 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

The following is non fiction

im working in Burlington ma area tonite and a lady friend in Billerica told me I have “steak sweet potato and sex “ waiting for me tonite .

I told her the “lift is marginal and the BL might be cooked there. I’m gonna weenie out in Nashua “

How much does she weigh?

10 minutes ago, White Rain said:

Just into the green here, find 6-8” hard to believe. Hope it verifies .... Jackpot near hubb

Yeah I wouldn't be forecasting that large an area either, but I think it has a good handle on the areas that get higher amounts.

The HREF is made up of hi-res guidance, which can get juicy with QPF. 

14 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Euro has a high of 10F on Thanksgiving for MVL.

Even ORH only has a high of 15F...that's nuts :lol:.

Edit...ah fuk, midnight highs on Wednesday night will be higher everywhere.

Just like last Wednesday - recorded max 33, afternoon high 17.  Chop a couple degrees off each and it's T-Day.  I'll probably chill out in the woods for an hour or two that morning, hoping that some critters are on the move.

1 hour ago, CTValleySnowMan said:

Topography is always an issue with the weenie when trying to maximize snowfall.  Most of the general public doesn't pay attention to the fine details like we do.  100ft makes a small difference in this area, but not anything most would catch without the trained eye.  The more noticeable differences tend to occur around here when you hit the escarpment zones that climb at least 500 ft on either side of the valley.  

I think they are mindful if it..  property in the hills is more expensive....its more costly to build there, and the views are coveted.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

:lol:

Now you've got me curious.  I'm walking the dog looking at the very small hills around and I'm like, the top of that hill is like 1,000ft instead of 750ft.  There probably is some event in history where that mattered.  I've never really seen it but I'm sure there was one.

IMG_1325.thumb.JPG.fdf85a0d282f78c8be34a64cd5a55b72.JPG

Or like the church steeple in town gets up to like 900ft elevation.  I wonder how different snowfall is at the top of the steeple to the bottom.  

IMG_1324.thumb.JPG.6f3da58e7bd28bbcbc2d69bfb43afdd1.JPG

:weenie: :weenie: :weenie: :weenie:

Four bunners for wanting to straddle the top of a church steeple for 1" more anually.

6 minutes ago, radarman said:

That's actually the wrong link I put up... that wasn't really an elevation event last March.  That event had huge gradients, but a torched BL wasn't the issue as it was in March 2013.

Yeah, March '13 was a bizarre evolution. Worst subsidence I've ever seen in southern RI. Like a standing wave of flurries while Blue Hills put up 30".

41 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Conceptually it makes sense.  Like 250ft difference out near Hippy probably isn't the same as 250ft along the coastal plain region.  I know you guys have numerous examples of things like 300ft in Foxboro doing markedly better than surrounding nearby areas in SE MA.

The smaller topographical nuances are always interesting. I would guess latitude more than elevation is what gives the N side of Greenfield more snow than let's say Deerfield but my being 200' higher than downtown Greenfield does sometimes make a difference of an extra 1" or whatever.  The bigger difference seems to come with being in an elevated valley on radiating nights.  At 400' in the tight little Green River valley I radiate as well as anywhere in SNE.

One thing about elevation that I have noticed out here is if you like snow, you have to go over 1000'.  I have two different snow loving friends at @ 800' - 850' range in Bernardston and Colrain.  Both of them wish they lived a little higher since they are often on the wrong side of the R/S line.  My friend on Rt 112 in Colrain can literally walk a mile up his road to 50% more snow during some storms.  That would drive me absolutely crazy.  As it is,  I am less than a 10 minute drive to better snow totals.

18z guidance has def ticked a little cooler so far. The warmest guidance is still the RGEM but it now has a decent part of N MA into good snows unlike previously. RPM and NAM are a bit further south with the snow as seen below...don't take the amounts verbatim on the clown maps but they do fairly well in showing where the column can support snow  

IMG_2064.PNG

IMG_2065.PNG

IMG_2066.PNG

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

18z guidance has def ticked a little cooler so far. The warmest guidance is still the RGEM but it now has a decent part of N MA into good snows unlike previously. RPM and NAM are a bit further south with the snow as seen below...don't take the amounts verbatim on the clown maps but they do fairly well in showing where the column can support snow  

IMG_2064.PNG

IMG_2065.PNG

IMG_2066.PNG

I need me some more qpf.