Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November discussion

weathafella

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

EPS has s better -EPO in the 8-10 day range at least. Maybe that can buy us a wintry event after that time before it relaxes a bit.

Still showing the -NAO too beyond that. I like seeing the PV height anomalies getting into Hudson Bay region. When you start getting a -NAO with that it can hold the cold into SE Canada and NE even if the PAC relaxes some. 

9 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Still showing the -NAO too beyond that. I like seeing the PV height anomalies getting into Hudson Bay region. When you start getting a -NAO with that it can hold the cold into SE Canada and NE even if the PAC relaxes some. 

That’s actually a damned cold run.  Weenies crying today and cheering in a week?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, weathafella said:

That’s actually a damned cold run.  Weenies crying today and cheering in a week?

Yeah PAC still gets meh but it's been rotting at D13-15 for like 6 runs now. It doesn't get any closer and the EPO in the D9-11 timeframe has strengthened. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah PAC still gets meh but it's been rotting at D13-15 for like 6 runs now. It doesn't get any closer and the EPO in the D9-11 timeframe has strengthened. 

Yes and even the meh Pacific has the lower heights further north which could be serviceable.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

BTV playing it real conservative, with less than an inch expected below 1,000ft (mostly rain)... and only 3-6" in the elevations due to mixing with rain.  

They do mention a foot possible at the summit level but no headlines due to warm boundary layer under 2,000ft. 

I tried to get them to come along with watches. :scooter:

13 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I tried to get them to come along with watches. :scooter:

I was a little surprised to be honest...at least for like the NEK and Adirondacks.  It wasn't Taber or Lahiff though, I didn't recognize the name and they've got a lot of newbies in the office.  I mean I feel like even Advisory snows where people live outside the Champlain Valley are likely, with 50-50 shot at Warning snows in the hilly interior of VT.

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I was a little surprised to be honest...at least for like the NEK and Adirondacks.  It wasn't Taber or Lahiff though, I didn't recognize the name and they've got a lot of newbies in the office.  I mean I feel like even Advisory snows where people live outside the Champlain Valley are likely, with 50-50 shot at Warning snows in the hilly interior of VT.

50/50 should be enough for a watch. I would expect it to be pretty good about several hundred feet in that area. 

On 11/23/2018 at 9:40 AM, Damage In Tolland said:

I’m actually on board for a big big December 

On 11/24/2018 at 3:22 PM, Damage In Tolland said:

Dec is likely lost for SNE . It’s time to face reality unfortunately 

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

We may have completely changed our fortunes from 24 hours ago and reverting back to cold and snowy month 

"If you don't like the weather [or in this case the modeling] in New England now, just wait a few minutes." - Mark Twain

• Haha 10

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

50/50 should be enough for a watch. I would expect it to be pretty good about several hundred feet in that area. 

Yeah in the end it doesn't matter what they forecast, but I would've expected at least a watch for someone in the BTV CWA given all the model data I've looked at today.

Glad I'm not an on air Met trying to forecast for my hood.  Clown map from 18Z NAM.  Big gradiant over a small area and elevation changes from 400 to 2000 feet within a few miles from my house.  Cold rain or pounding heart attack snow, it will be fun to see how this unfolds up here...

Untitled.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Glad I'm not an on air Met trying to forecast for my hood.  Clown map from 18Z NAM.  Big gradiant over a small area and elevation changes from 400 to 2000 feet within a few miles from my house.  Cold rain or pounding heart attack snow, it will be fun to see how this unfolds up here...

Untitled.jpg

You should get a real nasty pasting for a time. Tough to say if you flip to mix or rain as low hugs  coast, but it’s possible you could be a 32f snow.

• Like 1