Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

5 hours ago, wxeyeNH said:

Tamarack,  stop!  Ha, you were my drought buddy and you have abandoned me!.  Not a drop here yesterday.  Still 1.3" since April 25th!  Looking forward to Monday-Wednesday...

:lol:  :lol:
And it came at a great time, as I finally had somewhat moist conditions for putting in most of the garden today.

According to cocorahs (at 9 this morning), only 3 Maine volunteers had reported more than 0.45".
Edit: Farmington came in later with 0.70", so now it's 4 sites  Temple, which abuts Farmington's W side, had only 0.19". 

I had the biggest frog I've ever seen at the pool this morning.

Enjoy the installations next week!  Leaving tomorrow for two weeks in PDX, Spokane, Vancouver, Seattle, SFO.  Back on the 18th.  Aside from the leg from SEA to SFO I'll be driving.  Really looking forward to the time in the upper northwest.  I'll keep my eyes peeled for Bigfoot.

IMG_4220.jpg

7 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Dave

You believe 94/70 feels nicer in Orlando

Than 82/70 yesterday??????? U drinkin same stuff As J.R Smith? 

Some nice 87/78's showling up in the Arklatex

I know. It sounds weird.  You sweat quite a bit and it’s hot for sure. But the air isn’t as thick.  Maybe it’s because I’m on vacation when I’m there but I’m not too bothered. 

Yesterday just felt gross

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I was sitting home watching the video feed of Dead and Co. from Camden NJ and in the middle of the 2nd set the band got pulled off stage for a severe thunderstorm warning. 

Actually interesting to watch the radar down there.  Living in WNE I am not accustomed to t-storms moving E -> W. 

Did you guys yet learn of this ?  

North of 4,600 people were mortally lost, charged to Hurricane Maria, 2017 ?

I'm faaairly certain we'd have to dust off the annuls back to 1900 to find a U.S. centric-death toll from a hurricane storm catastrophe, with the Galveston disaster.  Sebastian Junger authored a well-written docudrama, "Isaac's Storm."  For those not entirely swept away in the feckless, vapid era of Tweets for twits erosion of society intellect ... I recommend that read.  Particularly as weather enthusiasts ...and professionals alike, it's enjoyable and informative. 

But ... I'm paused. For 117 years later, and humanity still had not learned the lessons from Galveston - a time span in which civilities, such as Puerto Rico among many ... , so blithely went ahead and constructed dense populations and all components necessary to sustain said populations. I mean .. we always knew this.  Hell, Long Island is probably next... or Miami, or New Orleans, both of which were technically actually missed by Andrew and Katrina respectively.   Imagine 20 years from now... when GW -induced oceanic rise has exceeded model predictions by a half foot post the "Great Greenland Slide.." and a Category 4 hurricane, maintained by unusually warm west Atlantic thermoclines... accelerates NNW right up Chesapeake Bay. What if Sandy was a Category 2 or 3 ... when it hooked left, and not to discredit the suffering at Sandy Hook ... but right into the NY Bite? 

The events that have transpired are dystopian horrible.  But ... they are not the hell on Earth that's in the mail. It is all a really arresting ... if not gasping concept. 

20 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Top 10 type Saturday with temps in the low 70s and no humidity.

72/55 at 4:30pm with puffy Cu floating around.  

It's actually like that down here in the interior of SNE, today...

Morning east-southeast wind seems to have lightened a bit, allowing for less turbid oceanic mixing and thus more sun modulation of the air mass is squeezing us over 70 in backyards.  Basically... slight warm MOS bust. And I gotta be honest ... I was personally surprised by the amount of sun we are getting today.  It was supposed to slam pack into with dense strata all the way to the bowl's rim known as the Berk's in my mind... Bonus.  The whole weekend turned out to be a gem - it may be counter-intuitive for this social-media's local vernacular but it's a positive bust ... but really positive this time.  haha.