Newest Member
    joxey
June Is Bustin' Out All Over - Pattern and Model Discussion

HimoorWx

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Post that map again. They’re using a lat/long to represent BOS. Just wondering if it puts BOS in the water.

Here is the Weatherbell graphic for the Euro.  For both Sunday and Monday at 18Z it has a 68F at Logan. Not sure how it derives that actual figure but if its true weenies might be heading to Revere Beach thinking they're going to roast and end up wishing they had brought a jacket.

Untitled.jpg

4 hours ago, dryslot said:

I could name several here in Maine that i think would rival any in New England as long as you don't mind having your balz tucked up into your abs..............................:lol:

We swam in Otter Cove (MDI) the afternoon of 8/2/1975, and the water was actually warm.  ;)

GFS keeps pushing back the biggest heat for up here.  12z run showing Augusta with high 90s T-W-Th, with near complete cloud cover.  Those 2 features are not likely to happen at the same time.

1 hour ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Mostly Agree. I cant Fathom how people rave about maine, nh or n shore beaches. These folks are mostly pasty , havent Swam in a ocean or really have harnessed the power of positive thinking.

RI or Elbow Of cape or Islands

That’s the same way I feel about any NE beach after returning from the Panhandle beaches in Florida. 

1 hour ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Mostly Agree. I cant Fathom how people rave about maine, nh or n shore beaches. These folks are mostly pasty , havent Swam in a ocean or really have harnessed the power of positive thinking.

RI or Elbow Of cape or Islands

What a wuss......:D

3 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

This is shaping up to be more historical for duration rather than record breaking highs.  Maybe Hartford or Springfield puts up a 97-98 on Sun/Mon/Tues.  i am not sold on triple digits in New England.

MOS is pretty big right now out there in death valley for Sun. BDL 103, HFD 100, BAF 102, CEF 101. Temps aloft easily support it...just need to avoid debris and the easterly influence.

20 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

This is shaping up to be more historical for duration rather than record breaking highs.  Maybe Hartford or Springfield puts up a 97-98 on Sun/Mon/Tues.  i am not sold on triple digits in New England.

Not to blow smoke but I seriously mentioned that to someone on here that asked me pretty directly about the record high potential...I told him and her that this event was more about thickness rather than tallness ...as a metaphor - they got it... 

Thing is, that could roll out and end up 100 on Tuesday too... the heat is lurking. 

Fwiw - not much apparently ...but the 18z GFS has far less interest in any pressure rises from the E like the NAM for Sunday. Looks like it sidles 95 right up just E of I-95 over eastern zones...

I also want it noted, in case Sunday indeed ends up NOT hot ...that the NAM was the first model to peg that ... in fact, by a couple few cycles, too.  The Euro really only hinted prior but bit hard last night and this morning.  It's still possible ...though seemingly difficult to think so, that these models are over-zealous with convective feedback into forcing synoptics... They want to drill sequencing MCS' which pile up processed air and that accentuates any BD contention... adding to that, I am noticing that these models are trying to bring back that cyclonic entity zooming west from Bermuda to the Carolinas ...and that also plays into their engineering the heat debacle.  They have the surface high pressure stuck overtop ...and that's imparting pressure rises too. 

It's an odd evolution... the ridge is truly anomalous...  both for depth and horizontal coverage. But these idiosyncrasies are either super fantastic modeling accomplishments...or hyperbolically over assessed.

6 hours ago, Whineminster said:

The Cape sucks.  Beaches are rocky or weedy and packed with people, greenheads, tons of traffic, and everything is more expensive. The only beaches in New England that are even worth a glance are some in RI. 

Cranes in Ipswich.  This is taken at the southern end.  Most people are bunched off the ends of the 4 boardwalks from the parking lots but there are miles that look like this.  Taken on the hottest day last week.  I don't remember if it was the weekend but the primary lot was 75% full.

Cranes from the southern end june 22.jpg

22 minutes ago, Mips said:

Cranes in Ipswich.  This is taken at the southern end.  Most people are bunched off the ends of the 4 boardwalks from the parking lots but there are miles that look like this.  Taken on the hottest day last week.  I don't remember if it was the weekend but the primary lot was 75% full.

That was one of my go-to spots when I lived up there. Beautiful beach.

48 minutes ago, Mips said:

My favorite beach around here.

Archived