Newest Member
    joxey
June Is Bustin' Out All Over - Pattern and Model Discussion

HimoorWx

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, weathafella said:

GFS manages to hit BOS with a 9 day 90+ stretch, 5 of those days upper 90s/low 100s.

Just inland Fitchburg... 

I've never seen MAV ..or MEX or whatever it is, numbers like this before - 

90| 65  97| 75  97| 69  95| 70  96| 72  96| 68  94| 70 59 81

4 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

MEX has MWN at 67/70/67 for Sun-Tue. Their all time record is 72. 

Very big hiking weekend...hope folks bring water.  I almost think that message should be pushed more in BTV/GYX due to the high recreational usage of their forecasts for their mountain zones.

The population centers take first place obviously for impact, but this is going to be equally hot for one of the biggest weekends of the season in the mountains for hiking.  It's not escape to the mountains when it's 92F at 1,700ft.

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Very big hiking weekend...hope folks bring water.  I almost think that message should be pushed more in BTV/GYX.  

The population centers take first place obviously for impact, but this is going to be equally hot for one of the biggest weekends of the season in the mountains for hiking.

Not a bad idea, I may have to pass that along to the office.

33 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Just inland Fitchburg... 

I've never seen MAV ..or MEX or whatever it is, numbers like this before - 

90| 65  97| 75  97| 69  95| 70  96| 72  96| 68  94| 70 59 81

The whole area of FIT, BED, ASH, LWM will roast.   It always does in this kind of setup.  The length is impressive

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

a heh...   like it makes any difference where you are under any of that... 

A degree or three will mean little if anything to most people.

It's going to be a hot first week of July which isn't as surprising as how widespread the heat will be and how long it might last.

4 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Wow, just tropical downpour after a tropical downpour today.   Won't know until I get home but I would venture a guess my house may be pushing 2"

bring it... !!!  wipe all yellows off the USDM maps

5 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

The streets of Lawrence should be bumpin' Sat/Sun nights.

Methuen here and really not looking forward to this one. You guys are crazy rooting for this heat wave, but I guess i'll take it as punishment after my 28 inch storm in March.  

15 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

a heh...   like it makes any difference where you are under any of that... 

It's funny how in the winter, ever degree at 850 matters so much.  People would kill their first born for 2-3C colder at 850 and it's analyzed to within 5 mile resolution on every model imaginable.  

Here it's like 21C or 24C, it's all just the same...hot.  

37 minutes ago, KoalaBeer said:

Methuen here and really not looking forward to this one. You guys are crazy rooting for this heat wave, but I guess i'll take it as punishment after my 28 inch storm in March.  

I agree with you. The extreme heat is going to cause plenty of problems for outdoor activities. As you know,most people much prefer a nice 80-85 degree day as oppose to 95-100 with oppressive humidity. One of the individuals rooting the heat on is going to be the first person complaining if the hot weather pattern  lingers into the fall. 

22 hours ago, dendrite said:

Tough to be a world record when Death Valley had a low of 110F on 7/5/1918.

In this article, the 110F min is considered “dubious”...not sure how credible this determination is. 

https://www.wunderground.com/blog/weatherhistorian/worlds-hottest-nightshighest-minimum-temperatures-yet-measured.html

45 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It's funny how in the winter, ever degree at 850 matters so much.  People would kill their first born for 2-3C colder at 850 and it's analyzed to within 5 mile resolution on every model imaginable.  

Here it's like 21C or 24C, it's all just the same...hot.  

thing is...  toleration threshold is crossed really around 18 C at 850 mb with good mixing and high sun... anything after that is spilling the hot gravy on you skin anyway... It think that's why... 21 C in perfect heating is lik ewhat...  99 ...100?   24 C in contamination is 88 to 94 ...  I mean there's bigger wiggle room I guess - 

Archived