Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June Is Bustin' Out All Over - Pattern and Model Discussion

HimoorWx

48 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

Really, these extremes may be fun to look at on all the charts and maps...but really take a toll on outdoor workers...the potential length of this event has me worried.

Similar to how many weather enthusiasts get excited by a tornado or hurricane I suppose.  It’s great to watch from afar, but not so much personally.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When this heat wave first started showing up in the LR, I had thoughts about heading to Westerly for the weekend but quickly came to my senses on that. Even places like Squantz Pond and Lake Waramaug will probably be at capacity for the foreseeable future. Pools and secret swimming holes deep in the woods are the name of the game I would think

1 minute ago, Juliancolton said:

When this heat wave first started showing up in the LR, I had thoughts about heading to Westerly for the weekend but quickly came to my senses on that. Even places like Squantz Pond and Lake Waramaug will probably be at capacity for the foreseeable future. Pools and secret swimming holes deep in the woods are the name of the game I would think

You mean like in Arkansas in the movie "Vacation"?

3 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

There are also some secret spots in Westerly on the beach. Knowing where to park and where the right a ways are and you can be on the beach with maybe 5 people.  Key is getting there very early and making a whole day of it to avoid any traffic  Knowing back roads helps too. 

Summer cool night in the upper valley, 66F outside and 72F living room with windows open.  Let's just see what the torch bringeth. Portable a/c in play already this season and will probably install a window unit tomorrow.  

I love and hate, that we've come to a place, where window installation dates are a thing to discuss.  

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

The more I watch this unfold the more I think the real heat is mid to late week.

Definitely. That high pressure position is much more favorable for coastal locations around that timeframe.

But the I95 corridor is really going to cook. For days and days. Many of our interior friends are looking at quite the heatwave. 

Not jealous

38 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Today may produce big numbers.  Full sun and favorable winds for the first 6 hours of heating.

Yeah, I think we'll see a solid spike up to 11am.  Sitting at 76/70 here, which was a 5F bump over the last hour.  I think TAN see's 91-92F today,  Nothing extraordinary.

9 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Summer cool night in the upper valley, 66F outside and 72F living room with windows open.  Let's just see what the torch bringeth. Portable a/c in play already this season and will probably install a window unit tomorrow.  

I love and hate, that we've come to a place, where window installation dates are a thing to discuss.  

I ran the ACs last night due to the humidity.  Off now. We got to 63 and drier for the moment. 

Archived