• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Please help me with a personal tragedy

JC-CT

I've never done this before, but I guess this is what you do for the people you love.

My next door neighbors, who are also my best friends and I truly consider them my second family, unexpectedly lost their son on Tuesday. He passed away in his sleep and they haven't figured out why yet. Both parents work full-time jobs, and they have two other school-aged boys. They are hard-working people, but many of us (myself included) would not be prepared for such an enormous tragedy, emotionally or financially. There is a gofundme page set up for them but it is currently well short of what would cover even a bare minimum funeral. Even small amounts would go a long way for them.

The gofundme page is here https://www.gofundme.com/support-for-the-corson-family. Even if you can share the link with people you know or give a shoutout on facebook or something, it would mean the world to me. As a parent of two myself, my heart is broken for them. No parent should ever have to bury their child, and the only thing I can think of worse than that is to not be able to bury your child.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this.

-John

Thank you everyone for the condolences.

If you could find as little as $5 even to help them get through this, it would make all the difference. I have personally donated what I can to help them, but I just don't have the resources to get them all the way to where they need to be. My friends have a great extended family and a great emotional safety net, but they are a blue collar, working class family that came from blue collar, working class homes themselves, and they just don't have any meaningful financial resources to turn to.

1 hour ago, JC-CT said:

Thank you everyone for the condolences.

If you could find as little as $5 even to help them get through this, it would make all the difference. I have personally donated what I can to help them, but I just don't have the resources to get them all the way to where they need to be. My friends have a great extended family and a great emotional safety net, but they are a blue collar, working class family that came from blue collar, working class homes themselves, and they just don't have any meaningful financial resources to turn to.

JC P.M. me with their name and address...I'll send them a check to help out.  I'm not on Facebook or any of that..so this way will be better for me.

Hi John.  There just aren't words adequate enough to convey how heart-wrenching that must be for your friends! :(  As a father of three, myself, my thoughts and most heartfelt prayers go out to them, you, and all their other friends and family. 

Can, and will, give a little to help with the funeral expenses, but most thankful to know they are so fortunate to have friends and family who care for/love them...like yourself.         

Just now, ncforecaster89 said:

Hi John.  There just aren't words adequate enough to convey how heart-wrenching that must be for your friends! :(  As a father of three, myself, my thoughts and most heartfelt prayers go out to them, you, and all their other friends and family. 

Can, and will, give a little to help with the funeral expenses, but most thankful to know they are so fortunate to have friends and family who care for/love them...like yourself.         

Thanks man, that went straight to my heart.

John, I have never met you or others on this site, there seems to be a lot of good members on here, I too will write a check, like WINTERWOLF, I'm not on any social media etc. PM me with their name, address, etc Your a good friend to these people, My wife and I do not have children, make sure you give your love ones an extra hug tonight, no matter what age they are, my deepest sympathy

Philip

Long time lurker.  Like Ginx I also lost a child when my 20 year old passed just 2 months ago.  I will contribute.  If you want to talk I will do that to.  I know what’s helpful for us, but ginx said the number 1 thing - they need good friends to be around.

its a sh*tty club to be in.  

2 minutes ago, cleetussnow said:

Long time lurker.  Like Ginx I also lost a child when my 20 year old passed just 2 months ago.  I will contribute.  If you want to talk I will do that to.  I know what’s helpful for us, but ginx said the number 1 thing - they need good friends to be around.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Thank you

6 hours ago, cleetussnow said:

Sorry to read this. 

On 3/22/2018 at 9:50 AM, JC-CT said:

I've never done this before, but I guess this is what you do for the people you love.

Thank you for posting this and giving us a chance to help our online friends. I understand the bond and closeness that can happen between next door neighbors. They can become family over the years if you are lucky. I am praying that you and your neighbor family will feel the strength they need to get through this. 

Spending even a second thinking about the weather seems so ridiculous at the moment.

I privately messaged ginx yesterday to inform him what happened to us and that we are both members of the worst club on earth to be members of.  To get the phone call we got last year from a police officer telling my mother that my brother was lying dead on his bedroom floor.....  When the autopsy report came in the mail I threw it in the garbage and it's what my parents wanted.

17 hours ago, henry1978 said:

I privately messaged ginx yesterday to inform him what happened to us and that we are both members of the worst club on earth to be members of.  To get the phone call we got last year from a police officer telling my mother that my brother was lying dead on his bedroom floor.....  When the autopsy report came in the mail I threw it in the garbage and it's what my parents wanted.

I lost my only sibling 36 years ago-it was me who had to make the positive id of his body on that frigid day in January 1982.  My father died suddenly 10 weeks later-basically of a broken heart.  You all know what a long shadow these losses leave.  But as bad as things get, the human spirit is amazingly resilient.  

My heart goes out for JCs friends’ horrific loss. 

I wish I could give my money to your friends JC, but I am restricted from giving people money for anything else but to further my own well being, it's the restrictions that my disability fund is allowed for me according to the VA.  However, when I get my own money from my work as a writer I will give you the money you need to help your neighbors out.  You might have to remind me in the future though

Wow. Just refreshed the page and saw the $10k goal was reached today. I’m not sure what our contribution was, but this community always steps up to help others who are in need. I love you all.

Hopefully this family can reach some peace now after the tragic loss they experienced in the past week. RIP Tristan.

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Wow. Just refreshed the page and saw the $10k goal was reached today. I’m not sure what our contribution was, but this community always steps up to help others who are in need. I love you all.

Hopefully this family can reach some peace now after the tragic loss they experienced in the past week. RIP Tristan.

Both of the parents just texted me at the same time with a single word - "speechless".

I can't thank everyone enough for the amazing amount of support and kind words over the past couple days, it is way more than I ever could have imagined. You have no idea how much of a difference it has made, not just financially but by showing that people still care about one another. They teared up as they told me they received a couple checks in the mail today, and the bear hug they gave me was for everyone who put them in their thoughts and prayers. You guys are amazing.

And Brian, I can't thank you and the Amwx team enough for helping me make this thread.

Basically, I owe an round of drinks for this entire group. Gotta have a get together closer than Boston though!

With love,

John

1 hour ago, JC-CT said:

Both of the parents just texted me at the same time with a single word - "speechless".

I can't thank everyone enough for the amazing amount of support and kind words over the past couple days, it is way more than I ever could have imagined. You have no idea how much of a difference it has made, not just financially but by showing that people still care about one another. They teared up as they told me they received a couple checks in the mail today, and the bear hug they gave me was for everyone who put them in their thoughts and prayers. You guys are amazing.

And Brian, I can't thank you and the Amwx team enough for helping me make this thread.

Basically, I owe an round of drinks for this entire group. Gotta have a get together closer than Boston though!

With love,

John

This crew was there big time for me at my worst. I will never ever forget it. I hope our little contributions helped ease a little of the tremendous stress.  

From the family:

"Thank you to everyone who donated to this fund. The financial burden was lifted and Tristan was given a beautiful send off. Your kindness and generosity has been overwhelming. On behalf of the Corson Family, please accept their sincere thanks. While this has been a sad and tragic event, the love from friends and family, both near and far have been humbling and that's what will get this family through this tough time. Tristan will be forever in their hearts, as will your kindness and words of comfort. In the words of an unidentified author - " Death leaves a heartache that no one can heal. Love leaves a memory that no one can steal" Thanks for the memories Tristan. We love you!"

Archived