• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
I dont care anymore....I am starting a storm thread for March 20-21. Got nothing to lose.

Ji

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, leesburg 04 said:

Guess the euro passed the sticky icky

Interestingly, the euro and gfs do it different ways. Euro is a better track/evolution with the front runner and the trailing shortwave just prolongs everything. The GFS sorta sucks with the frontrunner but the trailing piece closes off and blows the F up. I'm good with either. I'll go with a blend for now. lol

I have the option to be in Cambridge or Rockville next week so if the GFS is right I'll be in Cambridge. If the euro is right I'll be at home. And since I have a great 4wd truck maybe I'll just drive between the 2 places during the height of the storm. That sounds like the most fun honestly. 

21 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

GFS is a good run no matter how you slice it. Trended the right way in every aspect from 12z. We're only talking d5 too. 

last storm at 90 hrs the GFS gave us the most snow we were supposed to see all season.  We have to get closer.

3 minutes ago, WVclimo said:

I am considering Frostburg if this ends up being an elevation event, as I suspect it might.  I turn 55 on Wednesday so I can justify taking a day off for that and 18"+

2 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Might need to come back out to Deep Creek depending on things shake out.  

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I have the option to be in Cambridge or Rockville next week so if the GFS is right I'll be in Cambridge. If the euro is right I'll be at home. And since I have a great 4wd truck maybe I'll just drive between the 2 places during the height of the storm. That sounds like the most fun honestly. 

I don't think I can park myself in UHI hell for some slop, while someone 50-100 miles away gets 18"+.  

4 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Interestingly, the euro and gfs do it different ways. Euro is a better track/evolution with the front runner and the trailing shortwave just prolongs everything. The GFS sorta sucks with the frontrunner but the trailing piece closes off and blows the F up. I'm good with either. I'll go with a blend for now. lol

yesterday, the gfs started a trend of making the 2nd wave the legit threat, so maybe it's not finished with that trend yet.  500 looks absurd for late march.  that's a snowstorm here.  only 18,000 more runs to go lol

1 minute ago, H2O said:

last storm at 90 hrs the GFS gave us the most snow we were supposed to see all season.  We have to get closer.

Oh, no doubt dude. We need to be inside of 72 before setting any kind of bar. Especially with what appears to be 2 shortwaves in close succession. Not a chance the ops have it right yet. I was mostly just saying that a trend better @ d5 is pretty sweet and timely. 

2 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

I don't like how the GFS seems to delay the main event. Things getting pushed back are never good.

i'm guessing but it wouldn't surprise me if that first wave trends weaker and the 2nd wave becomes more of the main show.  maybe by tomorrow it will have a more consolidated solution.

Archived