Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The King Regains its Throne

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I don’t know how all of you get shirts on given how long your arms are from patting yourselves on the back...

when 10K in business could have been lost by some MGMNT types panicking and I talked them off the ledge I am going to pat myself all day , thats all I will get too if ya know what I mean

Concord MA report 36 at Hanscom but 1+ mile west, the local elementary school's weather station is reading 33. We are getting all snow when rates pick up and then mix of rain/snow at reduced rate. I think we are the battleground at moment. I need a big storm locally for recreational purposes!

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

when 10K in business could have been lost by some MGMNT types panicking and I talked them off the ledge I am going to pat myself all day , thats all I will get too if ya know what I mean

When will we learn that we are worth more than we are paid, that's the only way business owners make money...

Very non-republican, though.

Seeing news reports of a house and a person being struck by lightning during TSSN in the Philly forum.  It's the first I've ever heard of this.  I always assumed thundersnow was a cloud-to-cloud phenomenon.  Anybody heard of cloud-to-ground TSSN strikes before?

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Not even a reach around?

I was glad we got a half day in...I was worried my ride home would be hairy but it was just wet

1 minute ago, Spanks45 said:

just measured, 5.25" here in Newtown, 31.9F

Nice! Good for you. 

1 minute ago, sankaty said:

Seeing news reports of a house and a person being struck by lightning during TSSN in the Philly forum.  It's the first I've ever heard of this.  I always assumed thundersnow was a cloud-to-cloud phenomenon.  Anybody heard of cloud-to-ground TSSN strikes before?

The first time i have ever seen or heard about thundersnow was Feb 5 2001. Cloud to ground lightning struck my back yard at dusk with a huge flash and crackling like it was a summertime severe storm. So yes, i have personally witnessed CTG lightning but im sure CTC is more common in the wintertime. 

Archived