Newest Member
    joxey
Median to above confidence for moderate (major?) impact event, midweek

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, jbenedet said:

My take is the track inland towards ACY makes sense, but GFS beyond that point is  questionable. I think the euro handling of the kick east is superior. Basically the track I put out yesterday afternoon is a 50/50 blend of the 6z GFS and the 0z Euro, and that’s what I still think will verify. 

6z GFS is also weakest solution so it’s a worst case scenario for the subforum. I think it’s OTL intensity wise. 

Because the system sort of occludes the kick into NJ is worse than it would ordinarily be.  Typically we would get pounded here once the kick east occurs as would most of CT but because the semi occlusion the back edge probably dies as that low kicks out 

so glad i won't be glued to this today as i am very busy....i will check in later

its kinda all about tomorrow as next weeks event looks wet....playing with fire here at this point in the season without arctic air

reading box discussion there are even more flags....valley down sloping etc which i thought might not be as bad this time

3 minutes ago, codfishsnowman said:

so glad i won't be glued to this today as i am very busy....i will check in later

its kinda all about tomorrow as next weeks event looks wet....playing with fire here at this point in the season without arctic air

reading box discussion there are even more flags....valley down sloping etc which i thought might not be as bad this time

???  BOX has you 12"+

6 minutes ago, codfishsnowman said:

It gon' rain.

7 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

Because the system sort of occludes the kick into NJ is worse than it would ordinarily be.  Typically we would get pounded here once the kick east occurs as would most of CT but because the semi occlusion the back edge probably dies as that low kicks out 

I don’t really see it dying out per se. There’s a lot of vorticity in that trough. To my mind the phasing happens more gradually —due to the Cut off low near the Lakes —rather than all at once so the system remains in a quasi-steady state intensity-wise as it kicks east.

6 minutes ago, codfishsnowman said:

You need to move...plain and simple!

From GYX:

The 06.00z GFS is the only model that
continues to warm the lowest 2 km until after 06z Thu...reaching
as high as +3 to 4C. All other model guidance pins wet bulb
temps just above 0C near the coast and holds them there until
after 00z Thu...when temps begin to fall in the truly heavy
precip. Given that temps aloft are plenty cold and heavy precip
will be moving in...my preference is to ignore the GFS low level
thermal profile in favor of the rest of the guidance...including
what was available of the high-res NAM. 

Archived