39 minutes ago, tamarack said:

From GYX morning AFD:

With mid level
low tracks in this area...parts of Srn NH and coastal Wrn ME are
favored for a potentially major snowfall. Increasing
frontogenesis will already be ramping up the forcing for ascent
Wed afternoon...but as the mid level lows deepen deformation
will be increasing along and NW of their path. This will likely
lead to some intense banding for interior parts of New England.
The best combination of Atlantic inflow...upper dynamics...and
QPF favors Srn NH for the highest snowfall totals.

06 GFS pounds the ASH-PSM-SFM region with 2-2.5" qpf.  50 miles north and it's an inch less.  (Still enough for double digits)

Yeah--a very different look for Maine.

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I cannt see a scenario we rain but I can see sleet for a bit. That’s the worst case.

I only have a few years experience in this area, but I have experienced a change over more times than not. I know every storm is different, but it just seems to warm here, even when a majority of models keep it all snow/frozen. My hometown of Lancaster PA is basically split on all guidance right now, almost split through the county. Many years of heartbreak living there in this type of storm tells me which way to lean....

Less positively tilted at hr 18. QPF responding and shifting just a tad west so far. This looks to be a good run in the making once again. Uber amounts of precip loading up in the Delmarva.

Edit: Can already tell at hr 20 that some eastern guys may not be too happy with the 12z NAM. Looking like its def going to tuck once again. 

9 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

I only have a few years experience in this area, but I have experienced a change over more times than not. I know every storm is different, but it just seems to warm here, even when a majority of models keep it all snow/frozen. My hometown of Lancaster PA is basically split on all guidance right now, almost split through the county. Many years of heartbreak living there in this type of storm tells me which way to lean....

You’ll be fine. Just hop on my back, I’ll carry you. 

Archived