Newest Member
    joxey
Median to above confidence for moderate (major?) impact event, midweek

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Still waiting on 00z to dump into AWIPS, but the 12z Euro and 00z GFS take just about the golden path from Kevin to ORH to coastal ME. 

Mid level centers more or less in agreement tracking over ACK. 

7h I'd say a little further west of that in terms of deform magic. Yes, they're close, but maybe Hartford to northern ORH county

9 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

The GFS is the only model that is significantly warming the boundary layer after the heavy precip starts.

Stupid question, but is this similar to the last storm, where instead of cooling like most anticipated, it seemed like some warm air wrapped in?

6 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

Stupid question, but is this similar to the last storm, where instead of cooling like most anticipated, it seemed like some warm air wrapped in?

Big difference is we have a filling Midwest upper low, with a secondary low developing quickly south of New England. The last event we drove a pretty strong primary into the block before the secondary development occurred.

12 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I still can't see any reason to go higher than 12-18"...some were getting carried away earlier, mentioning like 24-30".

12z EPS probability of 18+ was pretty paltry (10-15%). That seems like a good right goal post to me, just need to figure out what's on the left now.

Archived