Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Median to above confidence for moderate (major?) impact event, midweek

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Matches other guidance better now....has a 2.2 inch max over a swath of interior E MA near Ray and a secondary jack out west.

Mar6_00zGFS.gif

The maps are funny because GFS and often most models fail to accurately read the topography in W MA and have massive "shadowing" qpf reductions that are overdone.  It's sometimes true with E/NE winds creating down slopping but usually overdone.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I wonder how much those faux BL temps affect other variables over time like PWATs, QPF, theta-e etc....

You'd think it would be a feedback loop in the wrong direction for any ageostrophic CAD effects....if it's keeping it warm at the sfc, it's going to mix down the winds aloft better putting them more geostrophic, thus, allowing even more warming from the east....and that would def have to affect some other varaibles too as you hypothesize.

3 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

You chasing in the berkshires crashing at Dryslot's?

3k nam looks like hunter mtn redux

But im not quite cool w being charged 200$ Weekend rate when there was no power fri am to checkout sat.

Im staying put unless this goes up and in w early phase

Next Monday/Tuesday thou i would go

Back to Hunter mtn if they  See 18"or more Wed and look to be crushed again. The depths and gradient would be epic. The first 2' fell at 32F, that wasnt close to fluffy where i was.

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

3k nam looks like hunter mtn redux

But im not quite cool w being charged 200$ Weekend rate when there was no power fri am to checkout sat.

Im staying put unless this goes up and in w early phase

Yeah, I can probably find you some friends out on the E Slope that have generators and are much better company than a lightless motel. 

Archived