Newest Member
    joxey
Median to above confidence for moderate (major?) impact event, midweek

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Here we go with the also ran snows in the W and naked snow angels in the E.  LOL   I'm not worried because mid-levels look decent but it will be difficult not to melt down if we are <10" which is certainly possibe if this moves at a decent pace and goes E of AKC.

Drunk?

sn10_acc.us_ne.png

Just now, wxsniss said:

Interesting...
though it closes H5 later than 18z, blocking looks better and the trough is more compressed, so the closed H5 low stalls further south vs 18z

Pretty much a perfect compromise for SNE on this run

Yeah the low gets elongated W to E orientation...and that really slows the low down from gaining latitude. Its a very good way to prolong the storm. Jan 2011 sort of did this, but to a less obviousextent than we see on some of these runs.

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

With a low moving ene South of new england i would believe the rain/snow line would shift east as storm does

It also fails to gain latitude further west as other runs, so it can't turn the flow in the boundary layer (like 900-950) as much out of the E or even ESE as before...it stays more ENE and NE which is colder obviously...during the height at BOS, 900mb is out of like 060-070 direction instead of 080-090 like on some previous runs.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

It also fails to gain latitude further west as other runs, so it can't turn the flow in the boundary layer (like 900-950) as much out of the E or even ESE as before...it stays more ENE and NE which is colder obviously...during the height at BOS, 900mb is out of like 060-070 direction instead of 080-090 like on some previous runs.

I thought that run was a lot better for maybe local. Looks like I may be just west of a potential CF with that look too.

Archived