joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Median to above confidence for moderate (major?) impact event, midweek

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The key to this run is the change apparent very early... at 24 hr the trough is sharper and digs more, and as expected there is earlier capture closer to sNJ and a tighter track

Just another NAM chocolate until other 12z guidance comes out, but eastern SNE will really need the kick east / greater blocking with a W-E compressed trough as shown last night... otherwise eastern SNE is warm and dryslots, but bigger hit for western SNE / CNE

Just now, wxsniss said:

The key to this run is the change apparent very early... at 24 hr the trough is sharper and digs more, and as expected there is earlier capture closer to sNJ and a tighter track

Just another NAM chocolate until other 12z guidance comes out, but eastern SNE will really need the kick east / greater blocking with a W-E compressed trough as shown last night... otherwise eastern SNE is warm and dryslots, but bigger hit for western SNE / CNE

This H5 pattern supports the low track near NJ though and then kissing SNE coast. I know it's the NAM, but it's not like I can laugh at that solution like I normally do at the NAM. I can't help but think the euro comes west. Even if the NAM is too amped, it's tough for BOS area to have a snowy scenario unless the euro solution verified. Definitely an interior event.

Just now, Buddy1987 said:

I don't think the NAM is handling that dual low structure correctly, at least at hr27 is when you notice it the most. It's great to see the snow totals on the NAM, but the GFS/RGEM/EURO blend would be the way to go I believe. 

I agree with this assessment.  Seem like the NAM is suffering some feedback trying to re-center the low further west(tucked) when the best forcing looks a bit east.  

1 minute ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

I agree with this assessment.  Seem like the NAM is suffering some feedback trying to re-center the low further west(tucked) when the best forcing looks a bit east.  

Thanks. Just seems super jumpy with the center of the low when its trying to differentiate as to what to do.

Archived