Most Online
    davisinstruments
    Newest Member
    davisinstruments
MAG5035

Central PA - March 2018

4 minutes ago, maytownpawx said:

Roads are already caving here...

Amazing.  We're not that far apart and I don't even have anything on the grass yet.  What's your elevation?

MU's Current Conditions: (at 11:29) Temp: 26 F | Dew Point: 24 | Wind: NE - 3 mph

Really surprised at the temp also.  Maybe shoveling won't be as back breaking.

1 minute ago, Festus said:

Amazing.  We're not that far apart and I don't even have anything on the grass yet.  What's your elevation?

I'm at work further south...though my wife at home says there is heavy snow in Maytown and everything is covered.

1 minute ago, Mshaffer526 said:

I-83 is a disaster in York County.  Word is that roads in Lancaster County (Quarryville/Buck area) are getting covered too.  

Roads are covered in more than just the Buck and Quarryville. I'm well north of there and getting blitzed. 

8 minutes ago, Mshaffer526 said:

I-83 is a disaster in York County.  Word is that roads in Lancaster County (Quarryville/Buck area) are getting covered too.  

yeah 83 is in bad shape

3 minutes ago, canderson said:

Man I'm super jealous of you southern guys and those over the MD border. Getting absolutely smoked down there while we wither away at the moment. 

That stinks.   It looks more like a January storm then late March.   Still a long way to go 

1 minute ago, canderson said:

Man I'm super jealous of you southern guys and those over the MD border. Getting absolutely smoked down there while we wither away at the moment. 

dewpoint at MDT is up to 20F which is much better than I was expecting this afternoon only a few hours ago after seeing those 6z runs

• Like 1

1 minute ago, daxx said:

Snow I expected, but the temp being 25.7 that's crazy.  Approaching 3 inches here coming down heavy.

Ah, the ride home over Chickies will be a treat...maybe I'll stop over and run around in your yard? :)

Yeah, it's 25 at MU. Also...sustained breeze out of the NE at 15mph. Good stuff! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, maytownpawx said:

Ah, the ride home over Chickies will be a treat...maybe I'll stop over and run around in your yard? :)

Yeah, it's 25 at MU. Also...sustained breeze out of the NE at 15mph. Good stuff! 

Come on over I'll make you a cup of coffee. Be safe on the way home.

9 minutes ago, paweather said:

Bone dry in Palmyra with a few flakes swirling thinking I'll miss out on part 1 but hope to capitalize on part 2.  

You aren't going to miss out on part 1.  The progression of heavy snow northward is continuing, albeit very slowly.  Current radar shows that within the next hour both you and I should at least reach moderate, if not heavy snow.

• Like 1