Newest Member
    joxey
Blizzard 2018 Take II: The Firehose

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

I did..it’ll be over soon for sure...if you have another hour or two you’re lucky. It’s sinking southeast fast.  Shield is breaking up fast too.  

Why do you always try to fool yourself?    I told you this morning it would be over by 10 pm... midnight the latest for CT.  

If you lived in the Cape you’d be going for a while, but not here.  

Use BOX or GYX. Firehose . You’ll be back in it for hours too

Well, this didnt pant out thats for sure. We always knew it was marginal but thought we could overcome it with great dynamics.Weather is very complex, it will always humble you....no matter how advanced computers become. We went against guidance, for the most part, and lost. It happens. I have to answer to my clients now...thankfully they only consist of family and close friends. Hopefully they will remain, family and close friends. Bring on the midweek pitch, we step into the batters box again not afraid to fail.

6 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

But the precip will be over soon for you..it won’t rain all night at all. It’s already over here.  Thing is moving out quick..no stall for us.  Just Breezy here..  

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Look at a radar 

The wolf is right.  
The thing is falling apart, and fading faster than Trump's approval rating.

4 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Yeah, this was a shi8tty one.  Weenies will be popping pills while jumping at the same time to make sure the job is done right.

I really hope something comes together for mid-week otherwise I will probably lose my sh*t.  If these rainy winters are an indication of the not so distant future around here then I may just row out in to the ocean and slip overboard with my snow blower tied to my ankle.  

Lmao...that’s some funny sh*t right there. 

Chill out...you’ve had a great run the last 8-10 years there...it’s bound to get worse then better again...that’s why it’s called weather..cuz you never know. 

5 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Heh, not personally sure who said what ... but, if they did... I can imagine why. I mean it's not really climatologically sound to think otherwise.

This whole event had a lot of uncharacteristic anomalies to it so many sort of  "101" prognostic applications/techniques wouldn't have sufficed ...

Agreed. A storm to go over and compare for sure. 

5 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I did..it’ll be over soon for sure...if you have another hour or two you’re lucky. It’s sinking southeast fast.  Shield is breaking up fast too.  

Why do you always try to fool yourself?    I told you this morning it would be over by 10 pm... midnight the latest for CT.  

If you lived in the Cape you’d be going for a while, but not here.  

I think he is sort of right, it's not quite over yet for him. It's not going all night but I think a band or two might role on in. Box agrees, new map.

StormTotalSnowWeb1.png

13 minutes ago, White Rain said:

Interesting regarding the winds there, they are intense here and have been through the day. Constant roar outside. Surprised we still have power.

Actually ...did just get a more audible gust again... I wouldn't characterize any of this as "constant roar" ...not earlier when it was palpably windier either. 

I think also, we're tending to go from very light wind to perhaps 35 or 40mph gusts and back ...

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Use BOX or GYX. Firehose . You’ll be back in it for hours too

Lol that’s what I did...it’s fading away Kev..give into it and don’t fight it...the end of this is very near for us....it wasn’t our storm.  Maybe Wednesday will work out for us?? 

New York State cleaned up(they were due anyway..good for them).  And coastal Mass got their Ass*s handed to them over there with the wind and waves/flooding.  But for most(not all) peeps here in CT it’s not too impressive imo. 

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Lol that’s what I did...it’s fading away Kev..give into it and don’t fight it...the end of this is very near for us....it wasn’t our storm.  Maybe Wednesday will work out for us?? 

New York State cleaned up(they were due anyway..good for them).  And coastal Mass got their Ass*s handed to them over there with the wind and waves/flooding.  But for most(not all) peeps here in CT it’s not too impressive imo. 

I honestly have no idea what you’re talking about . But ok .

12 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Heh, not personally sure who said what ... but, if they did... I can imagine why. I mean it's not really climatologically sound to think otherwise.

This whole event had a lot of uncharacteristic anomalies to it so many sort of  "101" prognostic applications/techniques wouldn't have sufficed ...

Pretty sure Philly marked more snow than Worcester... talk about defying all common sense maxims.

Archived