joxey
Blizzard 2018 Take II: The Firehose

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yup there it is. 

That region puts up some big storm totals.  In fact, it really is impressive the number of 20-40"+ storms they've had since 2000 in those counties west of Albany.

I forget that as well just because of some of the big ticket coastal plain storms during the blitz seasons we just went through starting in 2013. 

But every so often like this storm, they'll pop off another 20-40" storm due to the pivot point.

They are in a great spot to benefit from typical ULL trajectory. When it begins to swing through the GL like a pendulum, they often are right above the ‘bottoming’ out of it before it rises NE.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

For all the licks he takes on here (esp for Mar 2013), gotta give Pete B credit...he never bit on the snow. Looks like a nailed forecast. If we dish out the lashings, then it's only right to give kudos too. 

His map yesterday buried everyone though outside of 495.

I sort of agree with that Will... I wouldn't have so much of a problem with it if he didn't carry a warm anti snow bias so much of the time. because of that bias he could've been right for the wrong reasons. Now... I don't mind giving somebody credit. That's not what this is about  

Course I don't really recall ever giving the guy any crap. But if I give somebody credit that means I respect their reasoning? And it's hard for me to except his when I know he has a bias and I don't really know why he thought that

Yeah he does downplay a lot of storms so I see the point. But still...

scott I missed yesterday's map, but he would be in good company. I think everyone thought outside 495 would get least 4 or 5 inches...if not way more. 

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

correnjim stuck to his guns-wisely.   That said radar isn’t so bad...

Yeah the secondary pulse of firehose moisture is working out pretty well. Too bad we didn't all get down to 31-32F first. 

Just walked the dog.   Bursts of mix now mostly snow.

Fat rain here, lack of elevation FTL
But mercifully lost interest a few hours ago

At least I got a spectacular video from Copley area... easily most intense wind I've experienced in Boston, maybe next to Jan 2005... still trying to figure out way to upload

Archived