Newest Member
    joxey
March 2-4th ... first -NAO anchored storm perhaps in years

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The leading maine shortwave is a lot more suppressed.

It is? To me it has been trending stronger, and in turn helping to press UL heights south on the backside of it; hence the South/East Trend...

It's also apparent in the 2m temps in NNE. See a trend of more low level CAD in Northern ME and NH.

Just now, jbenedet said:

It is? To me it has been trending stronger, and in turn helping to press UL heights south on the backside of it; hence the South/East Trend...

Well strong = suppressed in this case...the shortwave is deeper and pressing heights further south of it. Maybe it was a bad way to describe it...but yeah, the deeper shortwave in Maine is pressing heights to the south of it.

This was Reggie 850 temps at 54 hours...that's 18z Friday with 850s just below 0C....this is what I meant earlier when I said marginal during the absolutely nuking precip....you can see how if that is mostly paste, you could be talking epic paste bomb

TT_GZ_UU_VV_054_0850.gif

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Well strong = suppressed in this case...the shortwave is deeper and pressing heights further south of it. Maybe it was a bad way to describe it...but yeah, the deeper shortwave in Maine is pressing heights to the south of it.

That was the **** streak that was there early yesterday but went away.  The streak is back.

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Correct terrible gfs thermals and that is a paster for most folks. That run is real deal Holyfield. Jab jab , knockout 

Too bad it's the GFS... just bashed relentlessly ;).

That looks a lot better though.  Just where we want it, to the SE.  It has a SE bias right?

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Tip was right about that little guy, bc I think that it's now significant enough such that it's affecting our storm much earlier on, even out to hr 30 or so...

This is like watching a World Series Game 7 in this thread.   

Every play a different reaction regardless of who makes the play.  Star center fielder drops an easy pop up and it's time to trade him, then hits a homer and time to offer a new contract.  The journeyman 3rd baseman hits a bases clearing Triple then next play (model run) throws away an easy play at first for a run scoring error.  

Just huge ups and downs in the crowd.  

Doesn't matter who makes the play, just make it happen.

Archived