Newest Member
    joxey
March 2-4th ... first -NAO anchored storm perhaps in years

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

There seen to be many different iterations of not much snow in sne....regardless of how it gets there.

Closing off of H5 early is the key, always best to induce flow early into the H5 from cold source regions. Still man so freaking close to something. Last nights Euro for CT was about as close to non snow you can get with the last inch of QPF

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Closing off of H5 early is the key, always best to induce flow early into the H5 from cold source regions. Still man so freaking close to something. Last nights Euro for CT was about as close to non snow you can get with the last inch of QPF

Its been at least 24 hrs since anything trended sooner with phase.

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

At least should gfs go to euro in a hr, i could say "peace out"

Prolly see a 6z gfs/0z euro compromise

I'd bet it'll head that direction, but who really knows. If I had to guess at this point I'd probably go with like a slushy 1-3'' in SNE on Friday night/early Saturday morning after pounding rain at best. Potential still there for more but shades closing. 

3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Man, I finally get the ideal track I’ve been craving for.....with blocking....for about 7 years now but I may miss a hecs by like +1C. 

Don't write it off yet, I still think the Euro makes another correction north at 12z, Its not going to make huge jumps from run to run.

Just now, DomNH said:

I'd bet it'll head that direction, but who really knows. If I had to guess at this point I'd probably go with like a slushy 1-3'' in SNE on Friday night/early Saturday morning after pounding rain at best. Potential still there for more but shades closing. 

If it' under like 10", I'd rather it just rain and be done TBH...I'm done with pedestrian at this point.

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

If it' under like 10", I'd rather it just rain and be done TBH...I'm done with pedestrian at this point.

Agreed. I've been rooting for no snow because I have stuff going on this weekend, but the weenie in me would cave to an April '97 solution. A few sloppy inches after hours of cold rain is not appealing. 

1 minute ago, DomNH said:

Agreed. I've been rooting for no snow because I have stuff going on this weekend, but the weenie in me would cave to an April '97 solution. A few sloppy inches after hours of cold rain is not appealing. 

I just don't need to be bothered with 6" of slush...hopefully it's an elevation event of that's how it ends 

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

NAM actually rots the ccb over SE Mass, RI and CT with east / west firehose dropping good snows . Can see it on animation 

We would take 6 of snow in a heart beat.  Transforming the landscape with natures beauty, other apparently are happy with mud and bare trees, to each his own .

Archived