Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter Thread

George BM

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, mappy said:

if it makes you feel better, i always work on those holidays. presidents day. mlk. columbus. 

but, it doesn't make sense that you would work, given your field and focus. 

I manage a government IT project, but we have to go in because we can only work on government systems and our company doesn’t have off on the second-string federal holidays.

It’s not too bad though. Dress down and get caught up on everything you can’t do when the client is in the office. Besides, we get floating holidays, too!

Oh...and this event is going to kind of suck. Ruins a Saturday! :lol: 

Whenever anyone brings up "marginal temps" or "rates will have to overcome" I know Arlington is gonna get screwed. I keep telling myself that I should move elsewhere.
Just rooting for the rest of this subforum at this point (and maybe praying for for a wee miracle.)

Arlington has its own unique microclimates. You can get 0” at DCA and 1.5” at my house. I’m sure it’s all based on elevation and UHI, but the rain/snow line can definitely straddle the middle of the county, which is fun because it’s such a small county. Since I live a block from FFX I always just apply their warnings to me.

3 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Arlington has its own unique microclimates. You can get 0” at DCA and 1.5” at my house. I’m sure it’s all based on elevation and UHI, but the rain/snow line can definitely straddle the middle of the county, which is fun because it’s such a small county. Since I live a block from FFX I always just apply their warnings to me. emoji4.png

Yep, numbers definitely seem to increase as you go west and/or north. I'm in courthouse on the start of the downslope towards the Potomac, which certainly ain't great for helping to produce snow lol.

15 minutes ago, HighStakes said:

I've got us at 14.5.

That sounds about right. I had exactly 15 but I was away for a couple minor events and estimated using he coop in town and millers so I could be off slightly on those plus sometimes the 250 feet or so between me and you can cause a slight difference even though I can probably see your house from here. Either way we are very close so it's somewhere around there. That map always seems slightly low because i think it underestimates the local maximum here. 

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived