Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Nearing the 2nd half of Meteorological winter:

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah there's actually some snow in the pike region Monday night on the Euro. Not sure I buy it yet, but it shows the influence of that high right now.

CMC was even more bullish, GFS was warmer but still got snow into NNE, But the GFS is usually to warm, Something to watch anyways to see if it can strengthen the colder solutions going forward.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, dryslot said:

for some i would not be surprised, The CAD this year seems to have over performed in many of these systems so far.

not sure if the following comment is worth much ..but I'm pretty sure we had a mild day or two prior to the shopping day icing event around the Solstice.. 

Now watch ...it'll be 32.4 for 12 hours before the cfropa spike ... 

3 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Why are you wasting your time trying to pull a drunk suicidial dude back from the top of the Travelers tower...he does this every year.

I get it though cuz It’s like me to trying to get DIT to stand behind his claims by putting money where his weenie is...and make bets.....he ignores it cuz he cant handle it, he knows he is wrong but loves the attention.

Thats what Icey1929 enjoys too. A full on depression woah me I lost it all please help me but I still will never listern nor learn.

There are multiple ways to handle the next few weeks.

toaster.jpg

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

In ice's defense, 5 of the last 8 Marches have been putrid for snow at BDL, ranging from T to 2.9" (LT avg is 8.7".)   They were about average in 2013 and 2015 and shared in the 3/14 blizzard (Their 19.1" total for the month was a bit more than at my Maine locale), but getting 2.7" total for 2010-12, BDL's worst 3-year run in their March records, isn't inspiring. 

1 hour ago, ice1972 said:

Thanks man.....I am not good at remembering all the details......or knowing where to go to get the data......I should have remembered the blizzard back in March so thats my bad but really here in Hartford area March has been forgettable the past several seasons (2017 excluded just to be clear).......I mean we're talking about Morch here......besides I never liked the winding down of winter......its my favorite season and to see it end is such a bummer - especially when the mood of the winter hasn't been ideal......

Valid points.  I did say that I'm looking at it through the prism of being in NE CT which can be very different from West Hartford.  It is correct that we had several March's in a row that were not that good but I can recall several seasons in a row in the late 80s and early 90s that were putrid.  It can be a crap shoot but statistically, we do average a decent amount of snow that month along with the chance for some of our biggest storms in history.  I just think mid-January is too early to write it off, even if the next few weeks don't look very good.  If anything, that could lead to perfect timing for a flip just in time for February into March.

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

not sure if the following comment is worth much ..but I'm pretty sure we had a mild day or two prior to the shopping day icing event around the Solstice.. 

Yea, That was one of them, And there was at least another that looked to cut only to get squeezed out to the south of here, CAD has won out a few times this year.

19 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

lol, it all makes sense now.

Seriously though, isn't that well south of mansfield?

Yes it is... it's odd because it's between Killington and Sugarbush.  

I think it's a resolution issue or something with the "smoothed out terrain averages"... I notice the GFS always goes nuts around there too with QPF. 

The snow map I see has it more evenly with Jay Peak/Mansfield/Sugarbush more highlighted than that map.  A more evenly spread up and down the Spine.

Whether its right or wrong, I see H85 temps below 0C banked up against the east side of the Spine on my maps.

qqd4CZx.jpg

15 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yes it is... it's odd because it's between Killington and Sugarbush.  

I think it's a resolution issue or something with the "smoothed out terrain averages"... I notice the GFS always goes nuts around there too with QPF. 

The snow map I see has it more evenly with Jay Peak/Mansfield/Sugarbush more highlighted than that map.  A more evenly spread up and down the Spine.

Whether its right or wrong, I see H85 temps below 0C banked up against the east side of the Spine on my maps.

qqd4CZx.jpg

The sagging, old boobs model.  Nice for some.

30 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

12z EPS was quite cold. Colder than the op. Virtually all of NNE stays at/below freezing up to 850mb, through at least 12z Tuesday...

Yeah I mentioned above...EPS was def cold. We'll see if that is a harbinger of things to come or a fluke. But def something to watch for now.

I'll add too that D13-15 on the EPS is starting to look pretty good. We're getting decent ridging in the WPO/EPO region....and the PV is on our side of the globe just N of Hudson Bay...so that could foreshadow arctic cold again at some point in early February.

19 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I'll add too that D13-15 on the EPS is starting to look pretty good. We're getting decent ridging in the WPO/EPO region....and the PV is on our side of the globe just N of Hudson Bay...so that could foreshadow arctic cold again at some point in early February.

GEFS as well have been showing an improved Pac over the last few runs. Curious to see if the weeklies continue to improve. My guess is they will based on the EPS

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

That started being hinted at about 2 runs ago.  As you mentioned-PV on our side probably means some fun times ahead.

Archived