joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Nearing the 2nd half of Meteorological winter:

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GGEM bounced NW too ...as I'm sure the natives have restlessly already stated... 

Two points of contention for me remain:

... data sampling over the Pac versus the known denser, less interpolated initialization schemes over the actual continent of N/A

... the fast flow combined with what 'appears' to be a premature convective spin up (much more so in GFS oper. runs as of late) that squirts off the SE Coast like a 14 and a half year old's lucky encounter with a neighbor milf    This low is rocketing in the fast flow, as is probably over evolved to begin with... and may end up being phantasm more so than physical when push comes to shove. That feature, as does... really strips away the baroclinicity.  In fact, I'd even argue these NW adjusting solution still in themselves may also be latching onto a premature circulation ..borne more from numerical instability in that veritable powder keg that will exist along and off the EC come that time.  All these solution in relative measure could stand to cut back on that early detonator and relay more so on the deep layer forcing associated with the trailing amplitude in the mid levels and so forth. 

Both above factors will benefit from model runs ... probably beginning tonight and probably more so tomorrow.  Also, suspect the non-hyrdostatic models will come in very useful do to the instense thermal gradient that a nascent baroclinic field that drifting blithely over the g-string waters will set up when the air immediately on the western side has some fresh polar air.

Kevin's funny... 

...it's not good enough that there is a bona fide favorable trend for something to abolish monotony on Mon-Wed... it HAS to start somehow ...someway, before the guidance wants it too or it's some kind of disappointment.  

there used to be this social commentary circulating around society about the gen-xer's and their belief in what was called back then, "instant gratification" ... the motif was, no sense of virtue in working for anything - immediately upon conception of desire... desire must be fulfilled. 

Hell, i'm surprised this next system doesn't start by sundown today - right...?

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

Kevin's funny... 

...it's not good enough that there is a bona fide favorable trend for something to abolish monotony on Mon-Wed... it HAS to start somehow ...someway, before the guidance wants it too or it's some kind of disappointment.  

there used to be this social commentary circulating around society about the gen-xer's and their belief in what was called back then, "instant gratification" ... the motif was, no sense of virtue in working for anything - immediately upon conception of desire... desire must be fulfilled. 

Hell, i'm surprised this next system doesn't start by sundown today - right...?

Euro was slowest . Maybe it’s right. Everything else is Mon into the night 

Wow... look at that Euro end run ...  That is a classic EPO slosh event there, hemispheric is the scope and scale too.. 

It's figuratively like it just sans all other perturbations and or permutation in the flow, and just opted to do a singular act of tipping the entire quatra-hemispheric arc bath-tub instead.   

What's also funny is that both the GFS and GGEM, and JMA for that matter... and a lot of the GEFs individual members, they all carry some sort of significant wave/event through the east over next weekend; yet this run?  literally NADA

7 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Wow... look at that Euro end run ...  That is a classic EPO slosh event there, hemispheric is scope and scale too.. 

It's figuratively like it just sans all perturbations and or permutation in the flow, and just tipped the bath-tub instead.   

What's also funny is that both the GFS and GGEM, and JMA for that matter... and a lot of the GEFs individual members, they all carry some sort of significant wave/event through the east over next weekend; yet this run?  literally NADA

Euro does  give a 2/3 inch additional south of the Pike from WAA frontal but nothing close to resembling any other modeling

man.. i love the potential with that thing... whether it's realized or not... I know the ICON is what it is over at TT but, just letting that loop you get see it just alllllmost gets it done but slips the phase... If that thing were ever to latched onto with say a deeper amplitude ...that's a wicked bomb there.   Probably be low total ferocity ... wind and 10" white out.

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

Really????

Literally there is at least 7 weeks left of winter.  A week of January left, 4 weeks of Feb, and even if you only wanted to count the first two weeks of March as viable, that gives you 7 weeks...which is also very close to two months.    And...And you/we are not even in the snowiest time of the year climatologically speaking yet.  So that statement is just flat inaccurate.  

Not really bro.  Last 2 weeks of December, all of January, and first 2 weeks of February really make up "true" winter.  Sure you can have a nice storm end of February, but it melts in like a week so who cares.  We missed out on the heart of winter which sucks.  I would have rather we kept the cold through January, and then thaw in February....it's all about consistency. 

4 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Not really bro.  Last 2 weeks of December, all of January, and first 2 weeks of February really make up "true" winter.  Sure you can have a nice storm end of February, but it melts in like a week so who cares.  We missed out on the heart of winter which sucks.  I would have rather we kept the cold through January, and then thaw in February....it's all about consistency. 

How did this all work out for you in 2013 2015

Archived