Newest Member
    joxey
Nearing the 2nd half of Meteorological winter:

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Through it all...the only common denominator has been the disappointment of the usership; it's why I question whether the event itself is all that important to the lot of the users, and mostly...it's the modeling cinema before hand that drives them to whinge.  People like ..thrive and addict for the drama more so in the models - it really seems that way. The fervor during these things is tepid by comparison. heh.

Isn't that why people get into weather forecasting?  I mean the term "forecast" is a prediction or estimate of future events, or better yet in the 1600s its definition was "conjectured estimate of a future course"...it would seem folks love weather forecasting for the challenge of figuring out what is going to happen?  

12 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

The old ETA on E-Wall was a great one... now we've got the Swiss, German, Japanese, Canadian models to find the right solution, ha.

Swiss has had some success down here...at least with temps. Anyways I think this comes west a bit as we head through the runs tomorrow.

The GFS showing a storm about 3 days out... doesn't look like a paste bomb is gonna happen because low pressure will be relatively weak in my opinion... there is some cold air feeding into this storm but the track isn't far enough north to deliver significant accums for the New England part of the subforum.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_11.pnggfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_13.png

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Isn't that why people get into weather forecasting?  I mean the term "forecast" is a prediction or estimate of future events, or better yet in the 1600s its definition was "conjectured estimate of a future course"...it would seem folks love weather forecasting for the challenge of figuring out what is going to happen?  

He really loves to psycho analyze us...I personally love the chase, the roller coaster, the swings and trying to figure out what is likely and what is not. It’s a hobby dood. About Time he gets out of his basement and lives a little. Just accept that humans are who we are and maybe joining us once in a while is cool to. Living in outer space looking down upon us has to be a very lonely place, eventually.

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

It’s why people live single , solo lives . Human interaction can prove difficult 

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

No reason to react there. Just an observation ... and one amply supported by evidence. 

7 minutes ago, weathafella said:

There is definitely a very cold signal ahead.  I believe we’ll equal or do better than we did earlier in terms of cold.

The EPO is sickly deep.  And these depictions of ridging are among the the most amplified I've ever seen. 

Archived