Newest Member
    joxey
Nearing the 2nd half of Meteorological winter:

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Spring cleanup is just around the corner.

The cleanup part is better when things are just slightly frozen without any snow around since it tends to keep the ticks in hiding...I enjoyed tackling the overgrown brush from the woods without the fear of being eaten alive last weekend.

5 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

The cleanup part is better when things are just slightly frozen without any snow around since it tends to keep the ticks in hiding...I enjoyed tackling the overgrown brush from the woods without the fear of being eaten alive last weekend.

You have a tick problem there. We need to fix it for the warm season. 

5 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

You have a tick problem there. We need to fix it for the warm season. 

We do, tick tubes will be deployed in March. I have been clearing the brush that exists between the yard and the woods. I need the hawks, coyotes, bobcats, fisher cats, and all the other predators to do their jobs and get rid of all the rodents and I think things would be so much better. Last year was the worst year since we moved here, maybe it was just a fluke and things will be more "normal" this year.

3 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

We do, tick tubes will be deployed in March. I have been clearing the brush that exists between the yard and the woods. I need the hawks, coyotes, bobcats, fisher cats, and all the other predators to do their jobs and get rid of all the rodents and I think things would be so much better. Last year was the worst year since we moved here, maybe it was just a fluke and things will be more "normal" this year.

The tick problem is everywhere and only getting worse.   It sucks but you can't let it ruin the outdoors so just have to be vigilant checking.

We will do the tubes this year and I plan on hatching hundreds of praying mantis.

I wouldn't mind getting a hot tub some day for various reasons but it would be nice to jump in after yard time to drown any ticks that might be on you. 

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Yeah I thought the NAM would be better early on... didn’t materialize though. Still ~60 hours out... maybe we can score a few inches still.

Its fun to melt and all... but the reality is... it wouldn’t take much to at least provide a small accumulation 

It looked it but to much interference later in the run.

10 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

Thats the plan here at the new home. Have almost 2 acres with about an acre being wooded. I will go with the tubes in March but I may get the property sprayed chemically...take the fam away for the weekend and let it do its a thing. I’m not a big fan of going that route but I cant stand ticks, i have ptsd from having 4 latch onto the back of my knee at summer camp in PA as a teenager. Still struggle with chronic joint pain as a result.  

5 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Maybe if the 12z GGEM is right?

You’re going to pull back moisture with ULL and offshore storm interaction along stalled front. Couple that with convergent NE/NW wind direction .. the place where that IVT sets up scores nicely while everyone else general light snow except maybe some OES enhancement E Mass. Not understanding these melts of you guys today unless you actually bought a WSW from the coastal 

Archived