Newest Member
    joxey
Nearing the 2nd half of Meteorological winter:

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Strong s/w helps to compensate. If I didn't rhea over MI...would be a good hit.

Yeah I think the main focus for me is the plains shortwave...the depiction in the lakes and Quebec has been all over the place and we will hope that doesn't interfere too much at gametime. I just want a stronger main shortwave.

35 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah I think the main focus for me is the plains shortwave...the depiction in the lakes and Quebec has been all over the place and we will hope that doesn't interfere too much at gametime. I just want a stronger main shortwave.

Oh for sure. That is the key ingredient and has shown improvement over the last day. No more streaks please.

well... this is the third system that has done this, this cold season.

First... there is a general tenor in the models for an event ...circa D8 ... that people eschew, while undoubtedly secretly pining -

The Euro's not really interested, yet for few runs in a row, the American-based tools start hinting in frets and starts like its something to watch.

The event gets around D4.5 to 5 and the American's go flat; but curiously, the Euro finally comes west in an intriguing manner. 

The American models continue going inexplicably flat, and for some strange reason it is utterly understandable to the chagrining woe-ist of the social media weather world.

In the previous two systems, ranging clear back to the xmass morning snow storm, the euro coming west appeared to be the right call... In both those two scenarios, the American models pulled their own teeth trying to deny the event using least quantum momenta they could find in doing so .. only to cave with 6 hours to spare (so it seems..)

Through it all...the only common denominator has been the disappointment of the usership; it's why I question whether the event itself is all that important to the lot of the users, and mostly...it's the modeling cinema before hand that drives them to whinge.  People like ..thrive and addict for the drama more so in the models - it really seems that way. The fervor during these things is tepid by comparison. heh.

in any event, I think the Euro's demonstrative differences may be more astute.  Right now the wave mechanics for the system in question are ~ 500 to 900 naut mile W of the Washington Coast rocketing through the "densely packed" sonde region of the lower GOA.   24 hours from now, it knifes over the coast.  Just fyi ...

Archived