joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Long lasting intense Cold for New England

wxeyeNH

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've found a winner with -39F on the NY State Mesonet in Philadelphia, NY.  That's their second -39F in 4 days.  Jesus H.

Happy New Year from the NYS Mesonet! Winter's New Year's resolution appears to be to stay exceptionally cold. Last night was yet another very cold night, and our Philadelphia station was once again the "winner" with a -38.9 F low - narrowly missing out on the -39.3 F reading they had a few days ago.

26240098_1829221540421599_73835975667403

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Yeah...that would’ve been back to back days with below 0F highs here, but I was in Goffstown at the time. 

But I think this holds the place of most persistent bitter cold. Temps 10-15 for highs and nights near or just below 0 with wind are brutal.

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

But I think this holds the place of most persistent bitter cold. Temps 10-15 for highs and nights near or just below 0 with wind are brutal.

I still have like a 1/4” of glaze on most of my tree branches out here. lol

Still haven’t touched 10.0F since the 27th. Tomorrow will be close. MAV has 13F for CON.

30 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I still have like a 1/4” of glaze on most of my tree branches out here. lol

Still haven’t touched 10.0F since the 27th. Tomorrow will be close. MAV has 13F for CON.

Still have ice on some branches, too.   I don’t think I have ever seen that happen before. 8 days out.

Archived