joxey
USCAPEWEATHERAF

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

2-4/3-6 inch event per Euro. Beaut of alook

21 minutes ago, Hazey said:

wow nice euro run. It's coming and at the right time too.

Lol. Nova Scotia or Tolland CT.

Unsurprisingly I agree with you, Hazey. Enjoy the Christmas snow. Looks great for your area; timing and amount...

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Euro 24 hour QPF...lots of currier and ives out there.

EURO.jpg.fe4cbc028b94d4e50190261d6d2f3a40.jpg

Looks great - for maintaining the 12/25 snowfall avoidance here.  I'm right at the west end of that dry wedge.  The only time in 19 years that we got more than a flurry on the 25th, it merely added spice (and cars-in-ditch views) as we headed out for family in IL.  Then 2 days later, Dec. 2011 Grinch #2 wiped it out completely.

14 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Look at H5, at the setup,at past analogs, factor in qpf.. not use only it. Euro would be 2-4/3-6 SNE if it verifies 

What are your past analogs?

Break this down for us.  

Part of me thinks you haven't looked at one Euro 500mb map to come to that conclusion but I'd love to be wrong ha ha.  Just wondering what your take away was from the H5 maps.  Better vorticity advection or sharper than you think the SFC reflects?

11 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

What are your past analogs?

Break this down for us.  

Part of me thinks you haven't looked at one Euro 500mb map to come to that conclusion but I'd love to be wrong ha ha.  Just wondering what your take away was from the H5 maps.  Better vorticity advection or sharper than you think the SFC reflects?

My guess he certainly didn't see the H5 map of the 12z run, He would not be getting that conclusion from it

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

My guess he certainly didn't see the H5 map of the 12z run, He would not be getting that conclusion from it

Ha I'm just joking with him, we know the game.  I picture him in front of 10 different Twitter posts, each in a different browser, blending together random Tweets to formulate ideas.  

Lets see, we have the 925mb temps from the NAM at Hour 60, an RGEM icing product image, 500mb EPS height anomalies at Day 10, GFS 850mb temp anomalies at 384 hours, a 10-day GGEM snow map, and a 84 hour UKMET image.  Now let's get to work filling in the blanks.

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Ha I'm just joking with him, we know the game.  I picture him in front of 10 different Twitter posts, each in a different browser, blending together random Tweets to formulate ideas.  

Lets see, we have the 925mb temps from the NAM at Hour 60, an RGEM icing product image, 500mb EPS height anomalies at Day 10, GFS 850mb temp anomalies at 384 hours, a 10-day GGEM snow map, and a 84 hour UKMET image.  Now let's get to work filling in the blanks.

When you put it like that, yeah I think 4-8 is a very reasonable starting point.

Archived