Newest Member
    joxey
Dec 22-23 snow/ice threat

ORH_wxman

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

There’s been absolutely Zero happening here all day.  I have set expectations quite low for this, so it’s not surprising to me that nothing is happening here.  

Hard for me to buy in to anything significant here with this.  Hope those that want an ice storm..get it and aren’t disappointed if it flops.  I’m ready for the next potential on Xmas. 

I've had flakes in the air and a light coating but its better than the Grinch storm we were expecting.

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Absolutely agree. But This tomfoolery of a low traveling over the hills from NW CT to ORH has never happened. So unless this is one of those first time for everything’s.. I’ll take under 40 interior Sne 

Lol..."never happened"...that's a strong word. It's def happened, but it's pretty rare. I'd favor against it. But yeah, once we mix, there could be a fairly brief spike into the 40s.

2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

woah...the ice accumulations on the NAM NEST are pretty crazy.

EDIT: happened to go through other hours and that map has to be a joke...has like 2-3'' across parts of central New England...or I hope that's a joke anyways

Something isn't right about that algorithm. It should be much closer to 70% QPF if straight FZRA.

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Wrong though

kinda realized that when I looked at further hours...lol 

Just now, OceanStWx said:

Something isn't right about that algorithm. It should be much closer to 70% QPF if straight FZRA.

I guess we can toss this map in with the ridiculous snowfall maps 

4 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

There is a part of me that is rather nervous tomorrow morning for parts of the Valley...especially for areas like Canton, Granby, North Granby, BDL, and Hartford area. Could be a weird day...damage and power outages with ice in the morning and then tickling 50 early evening

I remember like 02 or so we had a hell of an ice storm in November in the valley big time damage school was canceled for a week hopefully we can avoid that, power was out as well

5 minutes ago, Johnno said:

I remember like 02 or so we had a hell of an ice storm in November in the valley big time damage school was canceled for a week hopefully we can avoid that, power was out as well

I forgot about that one. Did that happen during the day or at night? Given how this could occur into the sunlight hours that could be something that helps the situation. 

4 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I forgot about that one. Did that happen during the day or at night? Given how this could occur into the sunlight hours that could be something that helps the situation. 

Ryan may remember the dates more clearly I think it was an over night deal, I just remember waking up to tree damage galore, the foliage really  added to the damage I think and the power outages in the valley were on par with 2011 I think 

5 minutes ago, Johnno said:

Ryan may remember the dates more clearly I think it was an over night deal, I just remember waking up to tree damage galore, the foliage really  added to the damage I think and the power outages in the valley were on par with 2011 I think 

I can't believe I don't remember this although I think I have a vague remembrance of it now. I remember the 1997-1998 one as clear as day but if I remember the 2002 one actually wasn't that bad here...or as bad as it was thought it could be.  

2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I can't believe I don't remember this although I think I have a vague remembrance of it now. I remember the 1997-1998 one as clear as day but if I remember the 2002 one actually wasn't that bad here...or as bad as it was thought it could be.  

For some reason the 17th is popping into my head for 2002.

10 minutes ago, Johnno said:

It was just before Thanksgiving. It was a disaster in the Farmington Valley... especially above 500 feet or so. 

Archived