Newest Member
    joxey
Dec 22-23 snow/ice threat

ORH_wxman

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

3KM NAM is nasty tomorrow. Regular NAM looks a little too warm.

Even 3km NAM warms things a to between 15z and 18z...prob diurnal factor in the model overdoing it. You see that a lot. I'd be skeptical of rapid warming at that time.

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Even 3km NAM warms things a to between 15z and 18z...prob diurnal factor in the model overdoing it. You see that a lot. I'd be skeptical of rapid warming at that time.

The 12K sort of brings the low near Boston harbor and warms NE MA lol. Not sure i by Logan warmer than Newport RI. It better not be or forecast is toast. 

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

This is one of those deals where it’s 7:00 tomorrow night and anyone 20 miles inland is still below to well below freezing and you start seeing posts asking why is it still so cold, and where is the warmup . Can see it now

BOX says Sunday is going to be like 45 degrees....so will the front push through at midnight tomorrow or something? 

There’s been absolutely Zero happening here all day.  I have set expectations quite low for this, so it’s not surprising to me that nothing is happening here.  

Hard for me to buy in to anything significant here with this.  Hope those that want an ice storm..get it and aren’t disappointed if it flops.  I’m ready for the next potential on Xmas. 

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

There’s been absolutely Zero happening here all day.  I have set expectations quite low for this, so it’s not surprising to me that nothing is happening here.  

Hard for me to buy in to anything significant here with this.  Hope those that want an ice storm..get it and aren’t disappointed if it flops.  I’m ready for the next potential on Xmas. 

I mean was there really anything supposed to be happening for much of SNE today? I don't really see steady precip potential until around 09z tonight.

Just now, OceanStWx said:

I mean was there really anything supposed to be happening for much of SNE today? I don't really see steady precip potential until around 09z tonight.

Local Mets said there was supposed to be some light stuff after the noon hour.  It didn’t happen here.  No big deal..wasn’t complaining, just posting that nothing was happening.

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Local Mets said there was supposed to be some light stuff after the noon hour.  It didn’t happen here.  No big deal..wasn’t complaining, just posting that nothing was happening.

When I'm at the office I don't really see much of what is being forecast south of the Pike, so I really didn't know what the message was.

I would still say the most impactful window for CT begins late tonight into the first part of the day tomorrow.

1 minute ago, OceanStWx said:

When I'm at the office I don't really see much of what is being forecast south of the Pike, so I really didn't know what the message was.

I would still say the most impactful window for CT begins late tonight into the first part of the day tomorrow.

Oh I agree.

Kevin is gonna be very disappointed...Ryan was just on The news saying we have dodged the bullet as far as anything damaging due to ice.   A lil slippery on untreated surfaces... take it slow and all is good here.  

17 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Oh I agree.

Kevin is gonna be very disappointed...Ryan was just on The news saying we have dodged the bullet as far as anything damaging due to ice.   A lil slippery on untreated surfaces... take it slow and all is good here.  

He’s may be wrong for parts of the state. Big slug of .50 tomorrow . If it’s all ice in placEs .. that’s what the question is 

This is getting aggravating. :) My wife's 40th b-day is tomorrow and trying to plan dinner out with family in Kittery ME for a 4 PM start. It's either going to be glazed roads and no way I want people coming out, or no trouble at all. Seems like a tough call and will probably have to err on the side of caution.

4 minutes ago, rimetree said:

This is getting aggravating. :) My wife's 40th b-day is tomorrow and trying to plan dinner out with family in Kittery ME for a 4 PM start. It's either going to be glazed roads and no way I want people coming out, or no trouble at all. Seems like a tough call and will probably have to err on the side of caution.

Roads will be fine. I don’t get that whole travel azard. Unless you live in a hermit where nobody salts, ZR is easily taken care of. Go forward with it.

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Opposite. You don’t want ice so you are believing it gets into the 50’s to ORH and interior CT which is physically impossible . Ryan has a high of 35 

50s wont happen but 40s could. I respect the vets here but it’s also possibe we are over doing the “models way too warm” theory based on the first meso low tucking in cold air behind round 1 because round 2 low can certainly blast right up through wct into ema and displace said cold air.

Archived