Total Members
    Most Online
    Bobby Orr
    Newest Member
    Bobby Orr
showmethesnow

Dec 8/9 Obs and discussion (Showme's) Storm

3 minutes ago, Buddy1987 said:

Guys I feel some of your pain. It was painful all day yesterday and early last evening. Heavy Virga it seemed like forever, while places just an hour or two south of me got raked. I will say the radar is blossoming nice so at the worst it’ll pivot up toward you all. At 1.5” thus far down in ROA with light to mod snow continuing. Hang in there! 

And you only started snowing at 6am per Roanoke ob, so that's good news for us.

• Like 1

33.2, light snow.  Light coating on deck. This is a snowy Saturday. Radar rapidly improving. Let's enjoy getting on the board. Things coming together nicely. 

1 minute ago, snjókoma said:

DC is about to get shafted between the bands.

You're a negative specimen. Life's too short to only see the dark side. Carry on though 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, lpaschall said:

Very light snow and 30.9 in Westminster. Every flake should stick.

That's because Westminster is the best location second only to Manchester.  I will live there someday God willing

Been sitting in Ashburn since 4:30, light snow, no stickage in parking lot. Hoping it starts sticking or its gonna be a long day

6 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Light snow, darkening sky, 31 degrees, and it's going to snow for most of the daylight hours. Going to be a great day. 

31/25 and -SN now. Totally agree--it's going to be a great day. 

3 minutes ago, dukeblue219 said:

It's been flurrying for about 30 minutes in Silver Spring. Temp says 35.1 IMBY. No accumulation on anything yet.

Are you downtown? I used to live further NW and away from the beltway it is always a few degrees colder. 

Temp dropped to 30 after snow started. DP still too low for my liking at 22

Had light now in N. Arlington, just tapered to white drizzle.  Leaf piles whitened, but back patio not even close to giving in.   Seems to be sputtering here. 

6 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Flurries up here  in Hanover ( Showme country:D). Hrrr says .15" or so qpf...I'll take it 

What's got you up in my neck of the woods? If you are going to be around for a couple of hours we will be doing Mexican at 11:30 with a couple of friends. your welcome to join us if you would like.

7 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

31/25 and -SN now. Totally agree--it's going to be a great day. 

Are you downtown? I used to live further NW and away from the beltway it is always a few degrees colder. 

Not downtown silver spring anymore, but still inside the beltway. I also would never claim to have the most authoritative weather station, although it's usually about right.

2 minutes ago, mappy said:

Temp dropped to 30 after snow started. DP still too low for my liking at 22

My dew went from 24 to 27 and once it hit 27 the flake sized increased decently.  Should be moving your way.

• Like 1