Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2018

Cary_Snow95

2 minutes ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

If that were to happen it would would be awesome for NC,  but would SUCK if you're  in SC, which I am. Another dec 2009 for western areas. 

If all those highs strength and location were correct, and the 18z GFS track was correct, we’d be without power for a week! Ice crush job!

4 minutes ago, Waiting on snow said:

I'd lean toward the Euro and FV3 at this point more. Not because it has a better storm, but because it has been scoring better than the GFS, correct?

But this far out it really is hard to buy into any of them.

correct, but the Ensembles we can lean on this far out and they show support....

• Like 1

Wunderground is calling for 1-3" of snow on Wednesday. I guess a dusting to an inch or so is probably the ceiling, with good rates needing to overcome temps in the mid thirties. The timing is perfect on the GFS, so that would help. Any snow is a win in December. I just moved here, so I'm not sure about local climo, but it would seem, the mountains often would steal snow with this kind of little clipperish thing.

Edit: Although Now I see it has more to do with the Coastal low, which seems like  reasonably optimistic set up. 

gfs_mslpa_eus_24.png