Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2018

Cary_Snow95

10 minutes ago, CADEffect said:

I'm a little concerned of the HP only at around 1021.

The main takeaway my friend is that you have the players on the table that you need and the recipe to induce a winter storm for some of the viewing area. Multiple models are showing viable solutions and that’s all you can ask for at 7-8 day leeway. Cold and everything else will follow, especially with antecedent conditions and any one of the solutions such as a southern slider or a miller b secondary, where the low level cold gets locked in. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, BornAgain13 said:

I could show something but the main take away is the GEFS is consistent at staying much further south than the OP.

Here's the 12z GEFS Snow Depth.

snod.conus.png

Just like my Browns, I'm still in the hunt! I don't care if it is just a dusting, in my lifetime I have not had accumulating December snowfall this early. Other than that miracle October storm last year, only snow I have seen has been on Veterans Day, Jan., Feb., and March

Looks like Euro would track from between Columbus/Albany GA to off of Hatteras. Freakin great track! Ejects the system out a lot quicker than the GFS does and keeps it our southern solution. Anytime Euro shows lows eject correctly out of the southwest instead of holding back it is onto something. Pretty good consistency for days now as well. 

Verbatim this run is a real mixed mess for the NW upstate. Liitle snow at front to mix to ice - maybe a couple inches total of mess. That line is really close to 85 as usual - that high needs to trend a little stronger and hang around a little longer. As always, Pickens/Oconee right on the line! Caution for everyone, wouldn't be surprised to see models lose this (especially North) over the next couple of days. If that happens as usual, don't panic just yet, there will be tons of changes ove the next week and who knows how this will acutally play out. Hearing a lot of reminders about CAD being underforecasted and that does happen a lot, but NOT ALWAYS, so don't count on it automatically. Incidentally, today's CAD was underforecasted, so far at least. High for me was 56, only made it to 50 so far.  

Is Burrel, Wow, or Lookout on here yet, would like to hear your thoughts!

5 minutes ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

Verbatim this run is a real mixed mess for the NW upstate. Liitle snow at front to mix to ice - maybe a couple inches total of mess. That line is really close to 85 as usual - that high needs to trend a little stronger and hang around a little longer. As always, Pickens/Oconee right on the line! Caution for everyone, wouldn't be surprised to see models lose this (especially North) over the next couple of days. If that happens as usual, don't panic just yet, there will be tons of changes ove the next week and who knows how this will acutally play out. Hearing a lot of reminders about CAD being underforecasted and that does happen a lot, but NOT ALWAYS, so don't count on it automatically. Incidentally, today's CAD was underforecasted, so far at least. High for me was 56, only made it to 50 so far.  

Is Burrel, Wow, or Lookout on here yet, would like to hear your thoughts!

I'm here... pretty excited about the potential, but trying not to get too amped up yet.  We've got another few days before we know if it's a real threat or not. The pattern certainly looks conducive.

• Like 2