Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2017-18 banter thread

WeatherFeen2000

14 hours ago, AfewUniversesBelowNormal said:

I don't know, people use to respond to awesome images like this. You can nothing post 40 times between here and then, everyone knows the future. It's so different, everyone, and nothing has really changed. This is an awesome picture

I have been looking at these images almost daily since they started with the new imagery a few weeks ago. It's also really cool when you loop it both early and late in the day and watch it go from dark<>light.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Stormlover74 said:

This whole month has been disgusting except for the 6 hours of snow last Saturday and the June like weather Wednesday. I think we've only had 5 days without some precipitation

I would take 11/12 type weather over this. Warm and dry. At least you can get outside and do things. I have a Vermont share house and season pass and haven’t been up in 3 weeks. Currently they are having an ice storm at Stratton. Horrible winter for the mountains too

18 hours ago, NEG NAO said:

Another:

"Who cares about the guidance right now. I know the pattern and I think it will trend south and colder. We have seen this many times with blocking regimes. "

"Looks like PB and I are the only ones who think this storm might not done be done trending south. "

Gets old for sure...wishcasting

Everyone on here has an agenda, some are better at hiding it than others.

Some people are flat out attacked for posting something that’s anti cold or snow in the winter and anti warm and sunny in the summer. It’s always the usual suspects.

I know that sometimes my posts can be taken as demeaning, but it’s not meant to be that way. My goal is to raise the level of discusssion 

5 hours ago, Rjay said:

If some of you want to act like children and bicker all the time, I have zero issue treating you like one .

Yeah pretty much. It’s really annoying and old at this point reading garbage from the same posters who are adults that should know better. They know who they are since they’re the ones who get their posts regularly deleted. I tend to not care so much but it’s ridiculous now. 

4 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Yeah, at least the movie got human nature correct. Pick and chose what science you want to believe based whether it matches your worldview or not.

I was mostly referring to the subplot of driving through a 15 foot snow fall with no plows out, from WDC to NYC, with temperature expected to drop at some point to -150 to save your kid who is safely ensconced at the NY Public library. Dumb

5 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

I was mostly referring to the subplot of driving through a 15 foot snow fall with no plows out, from WDC to NYC, with temperature expected to drop at some point to -150 to save your kid who is safely ensconced at the NY Public library. Dumb

At least it was more entertaining than Skarknado.;)

9 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Yeah, at least the movie got human nature correct. Pick and chose what science you want to believe based whether it matches your worldview or not.

I think that movie was loosely based on a book, "The Coming Global Superstorm" by Art Bell and Whitley Striebers. Circa 2000. I remember a portions of the book stating it had not snowed in NYC for 4years and Feb temps were approaching 90 on strong southerly flows. Than the Gulf Stream failed and all hades broke out.

• Rjay locked, unlocked and unpinned this topic

Archived