Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2017-18 banter thread

WeatherFeen2000

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Rjay said:

You already said it's going to be the worst model for the storm.   Why would you bother looking at it?

because its fun - plus I am almost certain at some point it will move toward the RGEM less snowier solution for the immediate metro

7 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

As we weed through the shill posts waiting on the next model runs to show yet another possible outcome for this moist, potential bomb cyclone, it’s hard to believe that we just had a torch last week.  It’s tough to guess what the GFS will show verbatim but while the inland guys hope for another Stella or snowicane, folks on Long Island wonder about the 1” of rain potential with serious impacts.  How high will the lollies go?  Where will be the jackpot of white gold?  If we want a snowpocalypse we had better hope for some back building to allow for some rippage and puking snow.  Whether we get snowmageddon or not I’m sure Bxgina will play with his toy snorkel in between his mocking posts of @Rjay

:lmao:

Legendary. Best $5 I ever spent... maybe

48 minutes ago, NEG NAO said:

like I said previously - I am following WPC - Upton - and Mt. Holly - this situation is too complex to do otherwise IMO- there still is a chance they will start adding accumulations and advisories in their forecast - they even mentioned it in their AFD's.  Some models might never get a handle on this storm .

Like the GFS with the last storm.

Honestly, it seems like all our models have gotten less accurate in the last few years outside of a few special situations.

3 hours ago, friedmators said:

When is the last time for CNJ we said three days out "snow is coming, maybe 8 maybe 18 but its coming?"  I feel like every single storm lately has been a thread the needle bull**** exercise.

Not every storm is a blizzard of 96.

our worst nightmare right now is we are just too far SE for this one and then too far north for next week.

21 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Not every storm is a blizzard of 96.

our worst nightmare right now is we are just too far SE for this one and then too far north for next week.

The fact we were able to squeeze out a near seasonal snowfall total in a rather unfavorable winter is good enough for me. Any more snow is a bonus.

• Rjay locked, unlocked and unpinned this topic

Archived