joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2017-18 banter thread

WeatherFeen2000

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If nothing has changed, and your thoughts are exactly the same, STOP REPEATING YOURSELF. If you need to "win" this, its time to reevaluate where you are in life. This board isnt for you to build up your ego at the expense of discussion amongst others.

Who knew?

http://archive.lib.msu.edu/tic/golfd/article/1967jan30.pdf

Actually, I knew, but they stopped the skiing a long time ago and I've often thought about the thousands of miles and hours traveling to teach my kids to ski.

Years ago I met an old woman who had lived in the neighborhood for decades and she told me the neighbors complained because when the wind blew, it blew some of the snow into their yards.  She seemed to think that was the reason the town shut down the ski area.  I asked her who they complained to when it fell from the sky.  Actually, I didn't ask that; she was a nice lady, but I was thinking it.

1 hour ago, BxEngine said:

If nothing has changed, and your thoughts are exactly the same, STOP REPEATING YOURSELF. If you need to "win" this, its time to reevaluate where you are in life. This board isnt for you to build up your ego at the expense of discussion amongst others.

Can't wait til NYC gets an inch.  Fingers crossed. 

On 2/28/2018 at 4:49 PM, NJwx85 said:

Tracking the storm is always my favorite part, unless it’s a big rain and wind producer. Snow falling does nothing for me.

Snow weenies are strange enough, but a person who enjoys lots of rain is a very rare find. You have expanded my horizons.....and made me recognize my disinterest in rain as a deficiency in myself. And, living in NJ, you must be happy a lot, because it rains plenty, usually when I have a fishing trip planned.....if you really want an experience, try boating in a nor'easter. Could change your whole perspective. Water finds its way into your undergarments, no matter how much rain gear you have on.....

42 minutes ago, NorthShoreWx said:

Who knew?

http://archive.lib.msu.edu/tic/golfd/article/1967jan30.pdf

Actually, I knew, but they stopped the skiing a long time ago and I've often thought about the thousands of miles and hours traveling to teach my kids to ski.

Years ago I met an old woman who had lived in the neighborhood for decades and she told me the neighbors complained because when the wind blew, it blew some of the snow into their yards.  She seemed to think that was the reason the town shut down the ski area.  I asked her who they complained to when it fell from the sky.  Actually, I didn't ask that; she was a nice lady, but I was thinking it.

I have for years. Up until about 10 years ago I would sneak in there during/after any good snowfall. It’s actually a cool little hill to ski/snowboard on. The run off at the bottoms is a bit shorter now but still doable. The hike back up sucks after about the 5th run though lol. Too old now for it but we had good times for quite a few years when I was younger. And more daring (stupid).

2 minutes ago, Rjay said:

No. It's just we've had so many storms since 2000 that I'm starting to confuse some of them and forgetting some of the details.  

I’m telling you that nothing has changed here. Don’t fall for it, I can’t believe so many just don’t get it. Don’t bother trying to interpret new info. Nothing has changed  here, you have still lost it.  :P

Banter about past storms...on February 8, 2013 we had less than a quarter inch of rain.  From late morning on it was light snow until all hell broke loose around 5PM.  During the evening, there was a little mixing with sleet...but no inch of rain from that storm in this part of LI.

In late February 2010, I think we had closer to 2" of rain followed by a foot of snow.

• Rjay locked, unlocked and unpinned this topic

Archived