Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2017-18 banter thread

WeatherFeen2000

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, tdp146 said:

oh look. The Norwegian Breakaway is steaming directly for the storm. This is the same ship that sailed into the 'bomb cyclone' in January 

https://www.seascanner.com/ships-position-norwegian-breakaway

Well they have to be back in NY by Sunday morning. I noticed the obs for NYC say it's 39 degrees with light rain falling, gusts to 55MPH.

7 hours ago, North and West said:

So, last night as I was leaving work, I mentioned to some coworkers to "Be safe tomorrow!" My boss yells out, "It's just going to rain!" While another Director chimes in, "It's 60 degrees!" Soooo... does anyone else face this ignorance whenever it comes to these events?

Yeah I know...I often wonder how most people can know so little about something that literally affects them every day...I know we're a different breed but still. I also wonder how the average person cant be fascinated by weather like we are lol.

The interior has really put up a fight to reclaim the snow crown from the coast since the January 4th blizzard. All they needed was the strongest ever WAR/SE ridge on record for this time of year to make the coast less competitive.

1 hour ago, Stormlover74 said:

Only if you bought into the nam's ridiculous snow totals

I'm honestly not sure if model differentiate between how much liquif fell as snow and how many inches you actually receive.  I prob should have looked at the snow depth product.

Just now, WeatherFeen2000 said:

Yeah i take my apology back for snowman he's still wrong I got some minor accumulations here in the Bronx in the morning and now it' sticking to cars and colder surfaces. Plenty of precip to go

Snowman19 should have been suspended or banned long ago. The fact that you have gotten 5-posted and he continues to spew dozens of posts full of canned dribble speaks volumes about the biases on this board. He says the same garbage EVERY time; why do we need to read it again and again?

3 minutes ago, nzucker said:

Snowman19 should have been suspended or banned long ago. The fact that you have gotten 5-posted and he continues to spew dozens of posts full of canned dribble speaks volumes about the biases on this board. He says the same garbage EVERY time; why do we need to read it again and again?

Lolwut?

Btw he's 5 posted too.  And been suspended a couple times.   Last time for a month.   What biases does this board have ?

8 minutes ago, nzucker said:

Snowman literally just returned from a month suspension, and has been 5 posted for a long time. And as usual, there is a lot more behind the scenes that you arent privy to, so id suggest maybe not going to bat for certain people. 

1 minute ago, BxEngine said:

Snowman literally just returned from a month suspension, and has been 5 posted for a long time. And as usual, there is a lot more behind the scenes that you arent privy to, so id suggest maybe not going to bat for certain people. 

Sometimes I wish they could see the hidden posts and the other stuff that only you and I see.  

4 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

WHat about me why do u hate me? Huh sir

Can we not turn this into high school.. Please.

My one and only post on this. But this is how it works, the mods in this forum are the authority. If you don't like it, then you don't have to post hereor be a member here. They are not here for power trips, it's just a natural position which is needed. I am not taking sides, nor am I willing to engage further in regards to this manner, it's just how it works. If this is out of line, apologies.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, USCG RS said:

My one and only post on this. But this is how it works, the mods in this forum are the authority. If you don't like it, then you don't have to post hereor be a member here. They are not here for power trips, it's just a natural position which is needed. I am not taking sides, nor am I willing to engage further in regards to this manner, it's just how it works. If this is out of line, apologies.

We honestly try to stay out of the way as much as possible.   We are glorified babysitters.  

5 minutes ago, USCG RS said:

Whoa whoa whoa. Nothing about this is natural. Lol

6 minutes ago, Rjay said:

We honestly try to stay out of the way as much as possible.   We are glorified babysitters.  

You guys do a fantastic job. But sometimes it must feel like you a trying to break up a brawl between Napoleon and Uncle Rico.;)

17 minutes ago, NorthShoreWx said:

Sometimes I wish there were a lot more hidden posts. 

The volume of bad meteorology spammed on here in the past couple of days featuring random use of big words (with attitude to boot) has been mind numbing.  I could name names, but then I'd be in one of the interwebz feuds that give additional undeserved attention to the un-named.  Plus if I ever met {} in person I'd probably realize they have issues and then feel guilty.  So, let em' have their fun, but could you kindly 5 or 10 post some more of the major irritants.

I understand.  We work full time jobs and have families so we can't be around as much as we'd like to be.  We do the best we can but we try not to hide as many posts as we used to due to multiple board splits and losing a lot of posters to these splits.  It's a tough balance to make everyone happy (enough).  You have some posters who are loved by many and at the same time not liked by others.

If you see bad meteorology, point it out and explain why it's wrong.  There's not enough people willing to teach someone a thing or two on here nowadays. 

Bx and I would love to be able to 5 post but that ability was taken away by the board update and has not be addressed by the admins even though I've asked countless times.  

• Rjay locked, unlocked and unpinned this topic

Archived