joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Late autumn, early winter model mayhem

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

18z GFS looked okay for a few inches next Tuesday. Look is trending a little better but it is still not the great Miller B look from previous runs like what the euro had. 

But I don't think anyone would punt on a little clipper redeveloper if we could trend into that solution. 

Just now, Hoth said:

Live in the here and now.

Yes, exactly for god sakes..enjoy the snowstorm that’s on the doorstep Lurker...such foolish behavior always fretting.  His worrying isn’t gonna change anything.  A couple days ago this current System was on life support.  

Worrying about what two weeks from now might bring-to the point of killing your joy of the current great set up, is loony to say the least. 

This thread is becoming like the NYC threads from the last couple years.  Can some of you just stop with the ridiculous stuff?  Sorry, but my God....

Meanwhile, it does seem like we will get a warm up for a bit, but we don't lose our EPO at least I don't think so.  I saw Mike Ventrice's tweet but it didn't look too bad, although he said "major pattern change."

1 minute ago, swamplover56 said:

You do realize that the gfs shows 3 distinct snow chances not including tomorrow before the Christmas Eve cutter lol it will likely be gone next run next 10 days looks great lot of chances

Yeah I’m sorry everybody. I’ll panic on my own time. I will not pollute the thread with my neurosis unnless it is founded in some sort of scientific way. I’m excited for the next couple weeks :)

29 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

18z GFS looked okay for a few inches next Tuesday. Look is trending a little better but it is still not the great Miller B look from previous runs like what the euro had. 

But I don't think anyone would punt on a little clipper redeveloper if we could trend into that solution. 

what do we want to see to improve the look for Tuesday? is that lead vortmax messing things up? 

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

We grinch on 18z op.

Complete la la land but you have to laugh...like someone at NCEP is playing a joke or the model algorithm senses its Christmas Eve.  I mean you cannot make this stuff up even on 16 day model guidance.

Fairly normal Christmas Eve afternoon to be honest...

gfs_t2m_b_neng_65.png

42 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Complete la la land but you have to laugh...like someone at NCEP is playing a joke or the model algorithm senses its Christmas Eve.  I mean you cannot make this stuff up even on 16 day model guidance.

gfs_t2m_b_neng_65.png

Another Beach Boy Christmas in shorts.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

gfs_t2m_b_neng_65.png

We're in 50s? That's a colder than usual Christmas for me :D

Archived