joxey
Late autumn, early winter model mayhem

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

It should mute as we close in. Just like last couple did 

It's already muted...it just goes from balls cold to near normal for a few days...but it wouldn't be shocking if we did have a warm day mixed in there. That's all. Could end up as nothing much though....too far out still.

11 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It's already muted...it just goes from balls cold to near normal for a few days...but it wouldn't be shocking if we did have a warm day mixed in there. That's all. Could end up as nothing much though....too far out still.

I’m just hopeful we don’t have a screamer that ruins our 12-18+ OTG right before Christmas 

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

I’m just hopeful we don’t have a screamer that ruins our 12-18+ OTG right before Christmas 

Yeah we've been snake bit so bad the past decade-plus, we're always waiting for it. Hopefully any type of relaxation or warmup is only a day or two near 40-45....any solid pack would survive that....even better, hopefully we never get a relaxation here. Kind of like how Feb '15 had 80% of the country in a torch while we had 3 days of snow Feb 7-9. Sometimes they just fail to materialize.

I'm like a child in the candy store watching the Euro. Amazing to me that we could get two nice moderate snow events in less than a week. And the signal for the 13th system is a bit stronger than it was for the 9th system coming in. Could be a good one.

EDIT: spelling FTL

Just now, WxBlue said:

I'm like a child in the candy story watching the Euro. Amazing to me that we could get two nice moderate snow events in less than a week. And the signal for the 13th system is a bit stronger than it was for the 9th system coming in. Could be a good one.

I was thinking about how you would react to seeing back to back significant snow events in under a week....you get an occasional good one in NC but hardly ever get back to back within a week....more like lucky to get two in one winter.

Sometimes in good patterns, we'll get our snow in bunches and it's really fun. Like 25-30" in 10 days type stuff (I won't even bother with the 2015-level analogs).

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I was thinking about how you would react to seeing back to back significant snow events in under a week....you get an occasional good one in NC but hardly ever get back to back within a week....more like lucky to get two in one winter.

Sometimes in good patterns, we'll get our snow in bunches and it's really fun. Like 25-30" in 10 days type stuff (I won't even bother with the 2015-level analogs).

And this is only the first half month of this winter. It's considered a successful winter in the Carolinas if we get two moderate events for the whole 3-4 months period :lol:

Not up there with E.MA in 2015, but last Feb we had 5 storms Feb 7-16 that totaled 45" (this immediately after we received our rescue dog from TX - was she ever surprised), and that includes the final one being progged as "most likely" 17" about 18 hours before arrival and verifying 6".

For my area, GFS has changed from yesterday's dry skies (thru day 12) to a pair of advisory events in 4 days.  Hoping it's not Lucy's football.

14 minutes ago, leo2000 said:

I hear we are going into a La Nina pattern after 12 days or so as the MJO is apparently forcing the positive PNA we currently have. Also a positive EPO. Which would not be good at all. As of right now this pattern were going into is Nino like. 

Who did you hear this from? Seems like a muted relaxation and then a reload has been what has been mentioned by most of the mets and good hobbyists here.  

Archived