joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Sunday's Screaming Southeaster

CT Rain

2 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Pretty impressive. Obv just above our heads in CT:

download_model-en-087-0_modez_2017102700

Sort of an obscure thing but ...heh, can we imagine the cloud motion with that?  

holy g-mosis, those streets are gonna be moving N at ludicrous speeds...  

I also think that if we end up on the east side of an inland cutting coastal bomb, with rapidly deepening heights, while that much mid level mechanical power/wind max actually cuts E of that 925mb jet, that's a precious set up and I'd be worried about rain wrapped issues - put it that way.  Sinuous squall ribbons along with small vortex embedded...egh.  

The other thing, people are hammering on the GFS - don't.  Your wrong...  firstly, philosophically, ur foisting trophies before anything's happened - duh. But, I don't believe the objective Meteorological inspection sees why the GFS solutions can't happen.  The 06z is not an altogether absurd idea in leaving any west Caribbean tropical entity to its own devices ...swept out to sea by the subtending baroclinic axis running east of Florida like that.  It may prove that the previously preferred model solutions that for all intents and purposes sucked that feature up and in to phase a kind of transient hyper hybrid bomb were (gee) a little over zealous?  hello - 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, dryslot said:

I typically will sit until 10-10:30 or so, Game cam has shown deer moving thru my area at and around the 9-10:00 am range and again around 5:30-6:00 pm

Only the early watch for me - a friend's funeral at 11 AM.  The PM forecast for crispy leaves and 60 makes it a good time to work firewood.

So for this last storm I looked foolish telling the locals up here to expect 30-50mph wind gusts.  We had a few hours of strong south winds with some gusts into the mid to maybe high 30's but my fears of power losses sure never happened.   I wonder if this storm will produce?  Guess we will have to see if that Euro Hudson Valley storm track holds.  That run of the other night's Euro with that 963mb low over Portland was nuts.  Put that thing running up the HV and we would be in trouble.  At least the leaves are now 75% down up here.  High winds are more exciting than a few inches of rain...

Archived