joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Sunday's Screaming Southeaster

CT Rain

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro seems about the same.  972mb extreme NE Pa then north through Central NY state.   1-2" total rain in New England.  Real heavy rain is west of the center.  Weatherbell's Euro gust map has 50-55mph gusts for SNE and 60-70mph gusts just offshore but this product was way overdone for the last storm.  I'd knock 10-15mph off from that??

4 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Euro seems about the same.  972mb extreme NE Pa then north through Central NY state.   1-2" total rain in New England.  Real heavy rain is west of the center.  Weatherbell's Euro gust map has 50-55mph gusts for SNE and 60-70mph gusts just offshore but this product was way overdone for the last storm.  I'd knock 10-15mph off from that??

Southeast Snoozer.

Question...

At 2pm the NHC increased the chances of  93L becoming a tropical storm to 80%.  It was 40% yesterday.  Does it really matter to our SEaster if 93L was a 30mph TD or a 70mph TS?  Would the system be yanked all the way up here by Sunday or is the cyclogenesis that will take place over the Mid Atlantic really separate?  I guess I'm wondering if the model's intensity of our system would be different if we had a stronger tropical system than currently progged?

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

So true.

That euro site has pretty cool 100m AGL mean wind speed maps for wind farm purposes. There's one 3hr stretch there where the LLJ noses in here from the east where that 100m mean wind gets up to 40mph. We don't do synoptic wind that well, but if we can mix 75% of that down it'd be pretty windy for our standards for a few hours. Maybe a 30G50mph deal?

8 minutes ago, dendrite said:

That euro site has pretty cool 100m AGL mean wind speed maps for wind farm purposes. There's one 3hr stretch there where the LLJ noses in here from the east where that 100m mean wind gets up to 40mph. We don't do synoptic wind that well, but if we can mix 75% of that down it'd be pretty windy for our standards for a few hours. Maybe a 30G50mph deal?

As long as you aren't super wedged. Some signs you may be with high pressure trying to wedge albeit weak. But that should mix out a bit I think. 

Archived